122

The ball had been delayed for a while, but nevertheless, it still happened. It had been moved to October 31st, because it was the only day on the schedule that was left open for anything to happen. Since it was Halloween, we all agreed that it would be nice to relax a bit and have it as a masquerade ball.

Micah had ended up being put on the council for whenever we needed any kind of part-time aid while he was not working with Feliciano in secret on completely different things. However, Toby adored Micah and he ended up babysitting while he was trying to do his own job. Which, he never seemed to mind and he was awesome with Toby and Allie.

It had been almost two months since Armina had left and I still had not spoke to her.

We needed Micah as a temporary replacement.

"Well, look at the mama queen." The hairdresser spun me around to face Micah after his smartass comment. "You actually look like a woman."

He was in a suit and tie with his shoulder-length dark blonde hair slicked back into a low bun.

"Blonde again too?" He laughed at me and I rolled my eyes. "How old are you, fifteen?"

"Very funny, Micah Tyson." I watched the curling iron come centimeters away from my left eye. "I'm actually surprised that you came to something like this."

"Why so?" He leaned against the white door frame.

"You never go anywhere where you have to get all done up." I gave a grin and looked him up and down. "Tell me why you came. There has to be a reason."

"I had a vision this morning that something horrible was going to happen and I needed to be here just in case it were to actually happen." He shrugged and made a face. "Gotta protect your kids."

"Don't tell me something like that..." I whined and closed my eyes in frustration. "Tonight is supposed to be a fun event for once, since it's Halloween, and my kids are supposed to be coming too. I gave Julia the night off so she could go trick-or-treating with her kids."

"Wait, did you end up deciding to have this as a masquerade?"

"Yeah..." I grumbled at the new information and cracked my knuckles.

"All done." Mandy spoke for once. "I went over my time, so you have to hurry and get in your dress."

"Great..." I rolled my eyes and turned to the mirror to check on my red lipstick. "I just love being rushed."

If the night was to turn out like the nightmare that I had when we were back in Washington D.C., then we were all in huge trouble. The gown that I had originally chose for the even was sky blue with black accents- almost like the dress that I wore when Jaemie nearly killed me. I had decided to bleach all of my hair again and switched to a gray dress with gray flowers all over it just in an attempt to make sure that the nightmare would not become reality. If it did become reality, then everyone I knew would be dead and I would be the only one left alive.

"I'm sorry, your highness..."

"I'll walk you to your dressing room." Micah trailed behind me as I walked quickly, without any shoes on, down the hall and up the stairs. "Your hair grew pretty fast."

"I'm a Black-Eyed Siren, our abilities include healing quickly and our hair grows like two or three inches a month." I pushed my light bangs away from my face as we entered the room where my dress was. "That's why I stopped bleaching it for the past five years and tried it ombré; it's a pain in the ass to sit in the chair every single week to get it done."

"Why did you bleach it now then?"

"To prevent something I had a nightmare about from coming true."