{Chapter 1}

Present day...

(Y/n)'s POV:

I groan when my alarm clock decides to make an awful ringing sound that signals that I have to get up. Cue the knock at the door from the maid. "Miss? Breakfast."

I swing my feet over the side of the bed and get up. I stumble towards my ensuite with its adjoining walk-in closet. I stretch and yawn before turning on the shower and stripping.

I sigh as I step into the warm spray. I let the warm water caress my skin and wash any form of sleepiness away.

I step out, feeling fresh and I grab a soft, fluffy towel to dry off with. I wrap it around my body and walk to my huge closet. I pick out a red leather jacket, my worn Paris shirt with a pair of bleached light blue skinny jeans. I turn to the shoe section and inmediately pick a pair of bright red lace up boots.

I quickly change and move on to the final touches of my outfit. I brush out my (y/h/c). I put it up into a high ponytail and choose some accessories. A pair of silver studs and a nice silver watch. My favourite silver compass pendant necklace and my make up.

I like to keep my make up to a minimum. A bit of mascara here, some concealer over there and to finish it off, a shade of lipgloss that complements my outfit. Bright red.

With that I'm ready and I leave my room, grabbing my phone and my pre-packed school bag from the table by my bedroom door.

I rush down the stairs to breakfast where I'm greeted by my parents who were already eating theirs. "Morning mom." I place a kiss on her cheek. "Morning dadda." I give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

One of the maids puts a plate of food in front of me. I start wolfing it down hungrily. "Slow down dear. You might choke!" My mom worries. "Sorry mom, but Peter will be here in a few minutes to walk me to school."

The door bell chimes. "Speak of the devil." I say and hug my parents goodbye.

I walk into the reception hall to see my best friend since birth standing there. I smile. "Hey Peetie." "Hey (Y/n). Ready to go to school?" "Never, but who cares?"

I giggle as Peter busrts out laughing. We leave the house and start our trek to our school. A trip from my house to school requires two subways and three blocks of walking.

Peter and I like to travel like normal people, even if we are rich. The nice thing about our school is nobody really knows that we exist. As we're walking to the subway, Peter is telling me all about his weekend in Germany because of the 'Stark Internship'. He thinks I don't know, but I do. He hasn't fooled me since day one.

"Hey Ned!" I smile and wave at our other friend, interrupting Peter's storytelling. The latter pouts in mock hurt. "Don't worry Peetie. You can tell me all about it on the way." I kiss his cheek only to notice his barely concealed blush.

I stride over to Ned and hug him. "Wanna come over to my house after school? I have a whole new Lego set that needs building. It's over 4000 pieces."

Ned nodz in excitement. "Totally! What are we building?" He asks. "The Avengers Tower." I respond. I hear Peter cough and out of the corner of my eye I see how uncomfortable he looks.

"You okay Pete?" He looks up. "Hmmm...what? Oh, yeah I'm fine! Totally fine." He shifts around for a second. I giggle he is such a dork. He's....adorkable.

Our train finally arrives and we all get on. During the ride we all chat about the most random things. From puppies to Star Wars. We talked about it all and I wouldn't change any of that for the world.

~~~~Time Skip to at School~~~~

We slip in through the doors and enter into the hellhole known highschool. Here is where we become different people. Peter and I aren't rich kids from Manhattan, we're just (Y/n) and Peter. The Artsy bookworm and the dorky nerd.

Yes, I am an art student and a foreign language student. Those two subjects besides Biology are the only ones that my friends and I don't have together.

I reach my locker. There stands Michelle waiting for me. She is my go to girl, a fellow bookworm and activist. Also besties. Yeah, still trying to work that one out too.

"Hey loser." She greets from  behind her book 'To Kill a Mockingbird.' "Hey wierdo," I greet back. "How was you weekend?"

"Fine." She replies, sticking her nose back in the book. "Just fine?" I tease. "Or did you and your new boyfriend do something... I dunno... together?"

I smirk as a crimson blush rises to her cheeks. "Shut up." She mumbles from behind her book, which she was using to hide her face. I laugh at her and slam my locker shut.

"Come on. We're gonna be late for class." I pat her on the back and pull her by her backpack to homeroom.

I quickly navigate the crowded halls, ducking and diving here and there and making sure to avoid the popular kids. I may be rich, but that doesn't mean I don't get bullied. If they knew who I actually am then maybe they would leave me alone.

We make it to class with time to spare. We take our seats and take out our books to read. Peter and Ned come rushing into class just as the bell rings.

The take their seats on either side of me with Michelle behind me. "Almost didn't make it there guys. You really need to work on your time management skills." I shake my head at them and go back to my book.

"Sooo (y/n). Your birthday's coming up." Peter drawls out. "Gee I didn't know that." I quip back sarcastically. Peter shakes his head and continues. "So we would like to know what you would like for your birthday. Ned and I."

I laugh lightly. "You guys don't have to give me anything. You know that I don't really celebrate my birthday."

I look up at them to see them with puppy dog eyes. My one weakness besides food of course. "Unless you really want to." I sigh. Their faces light up. So cute. "If you then reeeeaaaallllyyy wanna get me something, then get me books. Preferably paperback and the rest of this series."

They both nod in silent unison. The late bell rings and Flash and his gang walk into the classroom. 'I wish the teacher would just catch them once. Just once.' I think to myself with a small scowl on my face.

"What's up nerds? A little math convention? Maybe a nerd Congress?" Flash taunts and I see Peter clench his fists in annoyance. Ned just looks away and I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from stirring up shit with one of my sarcastic comments.

I sigh and go back to my books. I hear Michelle finally say something that's gonna get us in more trouble for the next couple of days.

I hit my head on my desk with a  groan. Great. It's gonna be a long week.

And just before my birthday too. That sucks...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note

Whoopi!! Another chapter. I'm just so amazing. I will have another chapter ASAP.