[9] A Hostage At Heart

You stretched your arms out as you yawned, before quickly retracting them and burying any sense of safety. You needed to take in the blurry, unfamilar enivorment.

You had slept in Damon's room last night.

As your eyes slowly focused in the direction of the approaching footsteps, you noticed the all-too familiar royal purple hair. Damon was leaving the bathroom; his hair was messy and leaving a trail of water droplets. His upper body was exposed and his shirt was pending on his shoulder.

He ran his fingers through his hair, slicking it back. "Oh, you woke up."

He added: "I didn't think you'd see me like this...since you were so out of it when I woke up."

The long, stressful days as a prisoner had left you more exhausted than you had ever been. It meant you were knocked out most of the night despite your body telling you to stay alert for any danger.

"Well it's definitely nicer in here than the locked room." 

He raised an eyebrow, as he made his way over to the bed. "Well, I'd suppose so by the way you were clinging to me last night."

Oh please no. 

"...Clinging?"

He chuckled. "Don't look so scared, I'm only kidding." You just felt more uncomfortable. It was a surprise Damon even cracked any jokes in the first place.

Damon sat on the bed, water droplets continued to fall from his hair and onto his chiseled chest, trailing down his torso. You averted your gaze quickly as he began staring intensly.

"Today you'll be eating with us."

Your eyes widened. "Together?"

He nodded. For your stay, you had always eaten by yourself or shared a meal with Katsu and Damon. Never had you all eaten together. He pointed to the washroom. "You can go wash up beforehand princess."

You had a moment of thought before you hurried to the washroom. You couldn't help but feel slightly excited, the minor act of eating together would let you feel slightly less like a hostage and more on their level.

The idea of becoming more like one of the crew did make you feel slightly more satisfied.

But deep down, you knew it was just wishful thinking.

~

You followed Damon closely as he led you to the dining area. Knowing where the crew ate their food did interest you after always being cooped up in a stuffy room to eat. 

As you'd woken up later than usual, your hair was still slightly damp and the clothes clung to your skin more than you would have liked. 

Up two steps on a higher wooden base, there was a long table with five chairs surrounding it. The table had an impresive spread of food and organised cutlery that could only be the meticulous work of Damon.

He had somehow managed to do all of this and still collect you all whilst you were washing up and rushing to dry off as much as you could.

The two sides room were occupied by two smaller tables that were unorganised, with a much less impressive spread of food (likely for the rest of the crew).

A commanding voice broke your stream of thoughts.

"You'll be sitting with the working crew." 

You passed a confused look at Damon who met your eyes immediately. There was a hint of emotion you couldn't put your finger on  before he suddenly walked towards the main table and slid a chair for himself. Your eyes flickered between the two other tables, eyeing the empty chairs left.