[4] A Mysterious Town

You were soon going to get your first taste of freedom in a long time.

You had overheard the discussion (well...eavesdropped) between the Raiders intending to stop by the town called Andromalius. It was renowned for its underground activity. There were hundreds of busy stools of mysterious goods and taverns everywhere, a great social place for criminals looking for odd things or simply meeting for drinks.

You awaited instructions on the ships deck for further notice, overseeing the great location. After all, a princess like you never got to travel in commonplaces, and you first time would be amongst some of the shadiest ones.

You were stunned at first after hearing they intended to bring you along. It was a scary concept that the Raiders were comfortable with providing you such an easy opportunity to escape, as if they knew you wouldn't be able to do it. If they managed to capture you after it would certainly mean harsher treatment for the rest of your trip.

But if it meant avoided your fate of being sold to a sick person, it was a risk you had to take.

You felt something light slip over your shoulders and over your head. Your eyes widened until you realised what it was.

"Well? Do you like the cloak? I'll let you borrow it sometime." Katsu smiled cheerily as you scanned over the dark cloak, but you knew he meant it for the outing.

The hem of the bottom of the cloak far exceeded your ankles, by the distinct height difference it was clear that it should be big on you.

Shayato pulled him back and you turned to see the rest of the Raiders were behind you.

It was intimidating when they all were together like this, over the last couple of days you had only seen them separately.

Vincent had been kept this word about protecting you from the other crew. Whenever it was his turn the crew would be distinctly avoided you more than usual. Little to your knowledge he had threatened to carve out their eyes when some tried to hang near your quarters.

You found it difficult to not appreciate the small acts of kindness, but they were still the Deadly Raiders, you had to remind yourself it was their fault in the first place you had to deal with those situations.

Each Raider made it clear that you were well looked after to ensure that you were in top shape to be sold.

They wouldn't want to lose out on their big sum of money....

"Well we'll be going into town today (y/n)-"

Shayato started but was cut off by Rei.

"But I'm sure she already knew that." He smiled.

I'm not good at hiding things at all from these people.

The thought did cross your mind. If they were so good at reading you, did they know you planned to escape today? Did you had to watch every expression?

Shayato cleared his throat to your relief. "Well if that's true...then you should know we're just collecting supplies and getting some personal items."

His eyes glanced over to you. "And we should buy some new clothes for us all."

Katsu lowered his head to level yours with an air of seriousness which was uncharacteristic of him. "Stay close to us (y/n). Bad things will happen if you stray too far from us."

You nodded slowly at the slight threat.

Katsu grinned. "Well let's go now shall we?"

•··················♛··················•