9

Tina and Mike sat in Common Room 1, their hands clutched around mugs of hot chocolate, their feet tucked firmly under the same blanket. Adamo had gone on a huge rant that day, and covered the entire school in frost and cold. He'd made sure that everybody knew he was the one in charge, and wouldn't lift the cold until the teachers met his demands. He was always an asshole that way...

"Mike?"

"Mm?"

"When you think of the future..."

Mike looked at her questioningly, curling an arm around her waist and bringing her closer to him. "Yes?"

"Do you think of us?"

"In the future? Definitely! Baby, I've built my future completely around you!" Giving her a toothy grin, he cocked her chin up with one finger and made her look him in the eyes. "To me, the future is filled with the both of us being together, getting married, having kids, running around the world to look at all the awesome stuff we haven't seen yet being stuck here in Ohio, settling down in Paris or Venice or Rome..."

"So, you don't think we'll make it to become Heroes?"

"I don't think so..." he reluctantly admitted, resting his chin on her shoulder and giving out a long, deep sigh. "I'm not Hero material. I mean...look at me! My power isn't exactly the best around. You know who is Hero material? Finn, or maybe Santana and Rachel, or - hell - even Blaine! They'd make awesome Heroes! But us...face it, Tina...we're not exactly meant to be amongst The Greats."

Tina looked down morosely at her hot chocolate, blowing the steam issuing from it away with her own breath. "I like thinking we have a chance..."

"It would be pretty cool, won't it?"

"Well, don't forget," Tina sat up straighter, smiling brightly at her boyfriend and leaning close to him, whispering secretively, "when they look for people to send as Heroes, they always look at people's good intentions. And we have plenty of those." She leaned back into the sofa and sipped at her drink. "You know babe, I think we actually have a pretty good chance..."

Mike smiled at her before planting a soft kiss on her nose.

***

Blaine turned to look at Artie and grinned at him, handing him a five dollar bill. "Thanks for helping us out, dude."

"No problem. Just call me as soon as you're near the school again and I'll disable the security system so you can get back in undetected."

"Will do." Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand and dragged him into the street, and to his car in the parking lot.

"I still don't understand why you have to celebrate this day with such vigor, Blaine..." Kurt mumbled, cuddling up into his jacket. Blaine shrugged and opened the door for his boyfriend, making sure he was safe and cosy before joining him in the car.

"Today is our two year anniversary, Kurt. I want to celebrate! It's like, the best day of my life!" he turned to look Kurt in the eyes and grabbed his hand, reaching it up to his lips. "I met you."

Kurt blushed heavily, his eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. "Blaine, I-"

"Shush, tonight, I'm gonna be the perfect gentleman. My brother's restaurant down in the town is gonna let us stay there for a few hours for free, eat out, have a proper dinner. I even got one of those private rooms at the back, the ones where we're given the total special silver service and all that. It's gonna be great!"