~ Chapter 1 ~

I exit my car and start walking up to Harry's house. I open the door with the spare key he gave me and I am faced with silence. Weird. Usually the boys would be doing something, even if it's not important they'd be doing something. I knew that they were off for the next month or so, so that means that they weren't at the studio.

Most of you might of guessed by now that I work with One Direction. I am kind of like their songwriter, most of the songs on their albums I help with. I also help play the instruments in the songs, I actually play a variety: piano, violin, drums, guitar and harp, my main job is law though (I'm a lawyer) .We've all known each other for about two and a half years. They're all like my brothers... except for Niall. I've always loved him, maybe just a bit more than friends. But I know that I'll never have a chance with him since he has a girlfriend - Amelia, and she absolutely hates my guts so when she's around I barely talk to Niall, even though it tears me apart, I fake a smile. If he's happy then I'm happy.

*Back To Reality*

I cautiously walked into the living room and there sat all the boys, except for Niall.''Hey guys, where's Niall?''

Harry snickered, ''Of course she'd ask about him first.''

''Shut it Harold, I'm serious and what's with the long faces?'' I asked curiously.

''I think you should talk to him Audrey.'' Zayn said softly. I nodded and started heading up the stairs to the spare room. I was there in a matter of seconds, I knocked on his door. No answer. However I did hear some sniffling coming from inside his room. I quietly let myself in closing the door behind me. He kind of jumped in alarm but then relaxed once he saw it was me. He looked so heartbroken, his hair was in every direction and his eyes were like a waterfall, continuously flowing. I quickly rushed to his side and sat on the bed right next to him. His body was shaking uncontrollably.

''Ni?'' I whispered. A tiny shaft of light from the half closed curtains illuminated his face, he took a deep breath and started,

''I,I c-caught Am-Amelia cheating o-on me.''

''Oh Niall.'' I whispered and hugged him tight. He hugged back with all that was left of him.

''Do you want to talk about it love?'' I asked him and he nodded no. I figured he'd want his own space now so I started to get up however a strong grip pulled me back.

''Can you sing to me? Please?'' he pleaded, his accent thick with emotion.

''Of course Ni, anything for you.'' I said gently.