Chapter 3 : The Neo Squid Beak Splatoon

Goldia's P.O.V

Early, I go out my house to go to Inkopolis Square. I have to meet Jason to tell him where I saw Marie yesterday.
I see him in the place, waiting for me. He didn't take his weapon with him. When I come toward him, he kisses me softly to say good morning, making me blush as usually, and asks :

-So ?
-Hum... I remember I saw her just over there...

I point at a dark corner, behind Mister's Grizz Salmon Run shop. We go to it and find a grated mahnole, exactly the same as the one of Inopolis. Jason becomes a squid and dives inside. I follow him not long after.

~time skip~

We resurface at a strange place. We see a giant stony Octupus in a mountain chain. The wind is pure. There's a small hut not so far.

-Wow, I whisper. It's different... and incredible...
-Agents...

Jason jumps by hearing the voice and we turn around. Marie is up just in front us. She's wearing a nice kimono and a sunshade parasol. Her eyes seem foggy and sad.

-I've been waiting for you, she continues.
-It's nice to see you again, Mar... I mean Agent 2, I salute her.
-Why did you want to see us, Jason demands ?

Marie sighs by making turn her sunshade.

-You must know that the Great Zapfish was stolen not long ago by the Octarians... Well, I need your help because I can't take it back to Inkopolis alone.
-Alone, I'm surprised ? Where are Callie and Captain Cuttlefish ?

Marie turns around, but I can see some tears in her eyes.

-Captain was killed a few months ago by an Octarian. As for Callie, she has disappeared and I don't know where she is.

Jason seems shocked to learn the Captain's dead.

-Wait... So you, Goldia and I are the last Agents of the Squid Beak Splatoon ?
-Unfortunately yes, Marie nobs. We have to rescue the Great Zapfish and, possibly, find again Callie ! Will you help me ?
-Of course, I agree.
-Ya count of us, Jason say. So let's just...

A strange noise interrumpts him. Suddently we hear a scream from the grated mahnole. I go to see what is it... and Prussia and Jessy resurface just in front of me !

-Prussia ! Jessy ! WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE, Jason chokes of suprise ?
-Hello Jason, Jessy chuckles. It's nice here !
-OMG, Prussia screams when she sees Marie ! Are you really Marie ? Huge fan ! May I have a picture ?

She runs towards with her glitering eyes. I shake my head to take again my spirit and asks :

-Jessy... what are you two doing here ?
-I saw Jason leaving the house this morning, she answers by going down the mahnole. So I woke up Prussia and we followed you.
-Nonononono, Jason decides by pushing her away. It's too dangerous for you two ! You must return to Inkopolis Square RIGHT NOW !

Jessy glares at her twin.

-I stay here, whether you like it or not. I know how to fight, Jason. I can help you for the Great Zapfish's rescue !
-I want help me too, Prussia giggles by waving us.

I see clearly that my boyfriend want to chocke his sister. He turns to Marie with a begging look, waiting for her answer. This one seems thinking about it and finally nobs.

-We really need help, Jason. You and Agent Octo can't defeat Octarian Army alone.
-I did it all by myself two years ago, Jason replies with a wild look !
-Without Goldia, you'll be probably dead against Octavio ! Plus, Octarian Army had time to conceive new dangerous weapons ! Some help won't be bad !

He sighs and accepts grudgingly. Marie smiles of an encouraging air and give us our new Hero Suits and our Weapons : a Herobrush for me, a Hero Charger for Jessy, a Hero Slocher for Prussia and two Hero Dualies for Jason. Marie tells us her last explanations, but they're especially for Prussia and Jessy. After this we walk to the kettles.

-So, I say to both girls, you're now Agent 4 and Agent 5 !
-Let's save Inkopolis, Neo Squid Beak, Prussia laughs !
-"Neo", I ask ?
-Yeah, Neo means New. We're the new heroes !

Jason had to agree.

-So we'll save the Zapfishes this by pair. Goldia go with Prussia, and I'll do with my sister.
-Okay then, I accept. Come on, Prussia !

We get ready to go, but Jason takes my arm and kisses my check with a worried look.

-Try to stay alive, my sweet octo...-You'll see me again, Jason. I promise you.

I kiss him back, and I see him walk away with Jessy. Then, with a quiet mind and the heart full of love, I go with Prussia to the first kettle...

( Heya, I'm back ! Sorry for making you wait, but there it is ! The adventure starts with our four new heroes !

Seeya in the next update ! SplatKisses ~💗 )