Chapter 14: I am Many

Start from the beginning

I didn't...

You chose this path.

I am not...

You must take responsibility for your actions.

"Marvelous. Truly marvelous!" The patriarch laughed manically. "To have fused into your body completely, this is astounding! My child, my dear child! You are father's greatest pride! My greatest creation!"

"Momma!!!" Minghai desperately tried to struggle out of his captors grip but to no avail, shedding tears as he stared at Feng Lei's ever so delicate figure that looked as if it would crumble to pieces if touched even by the lightest.

I did it to-

To save your brother? How laughable. Isn't it also because you were tempted by the power it offered?

No! I didn't do it for that reason!

Hilarious! Don't make such petty excuses! You're not a selfless person! You wouldn't do it for such a reason.

He's my brother!

Brother? Hahaha! Such a thing as family, it is nothing in the face of tremendous power! Only with power can you do whatever you want. And that is not something that you have!

I...

You are weak!

"You may still be a rough gem right now but, that is not a problem." The patriarch stared at his son's eyes ecstatically. "I will polish you. Polish you until you're perfect!"

I am weak.

"How is his training going?" The patriarch asked the first guardian elder who was overseeing Feng Lei's special training that was being held at the Feng Clan's secret base outside of the capital