Chapter 8: System's Treacherous Gift

[Do you really think he'll come?]

Of course he will!

[Hmm? How so?]

If you really can access my brain, then you should already know.

Sitting quietly underneath a peach blossom tree, Feng Lei suddenly smirked and chuckled darkly.

[Of course I already know! I just can't understand it very well that's why I'm asking!]

Oh? Since you're an AI, you could just analyze it. Shouldn't be hard for you, right?

Feng Lei rolled his eyes and set his eyes on a book he had brought to cover up his actual motives.

Aside from that... How about we check those notifications?

[Finally! I'm starting to lag because of those!]

Let's see... According to the novels I've read about transmigration, a mysterious screen that only I could see should materialize in front of me after mentally summoning it... Alright! Let's try it!

Within the palace's garden, a chilly breeze signaling the beginning of autumn flitted past, bringing with it, the scent of peach blossoms that were beginning to fall from its branches. Underneath the tree filled with leaves turning a warm orange in color, a child holding a book in his hands, was staring intently on its pages, as if trying to summon something from its words.

...Well, that didn't work. Let's try plan B.

[I'll be surprised if it worked! You've been reading too much novels! Just mentally say 'System Menu' and a screen should pop up right after.]

...

You could've said so earlier!

[Ha! Serves you right for scheming on me!]

Treacherous system, just wait til I get rid of you!

[Dream on!]

Feng Lei, with his face full of black lines grinned evilly and gripped the book til its pages started to tear and fall apart.

"Bring it on!"

System menu!

True to the systems words, an almost transparent screen appeared in front of him. Listed on the screen were tens of notifications most likely from the expansion of the system from the mission he previously accomplished.

Since it was an expansion, I already expected it to be somewhat noteworthy but,... I didn't expect it to be this noteworthy...