Where's My Lover, In This Final Hour

Edit: make sure you stick around until Christmas ;)

__________________________

Numb.

Being deprived of the power of sensation. Deprived of feeling or responsiveness.

You didn't know which you were feeling.

You could feel the ground below you shaking with each step of the titans that were closing in. Playing dead would deter them, wouldn't it? Dying of blood loss is better than being eaten alive, is it not?

It's funny, isn't it? How fast the situation can change from the feeling of freedom to terror for your life.

How exactly did you manage to get yourself into this situation? Well let's go take a look and see what could've been avoided, if anything could've been avoided at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You decided to follow the tracks that had been left by the formation. Those tracks had taken you south, where you assumed the next post is. It made sense since that was the direction of the main destruction zone when it came to the wall breach.

Eventually, you were able to make it to where you were able to make out the shape of the formation about a half of a mile in front of you. It took you all of the control you had over yourself to not go closer and attempt to join them. It was relieving to know that they were there anyway.

One thing they did kind of set worry into your mind. All at once the different sections of the formation came out into place and went to their specified area. That, and multiple red flares were shot, but you couldn't see any titans from where you were.

It's probably something over to the left, behind those trees. I should be careful of that if that's the case.

Then multiple squads from the front lines moved from their position and turned to face you.

Panic set in.

You directed your horse to turn itself around and run back the other way, but that's when even more panic set in.

Not even a hundred meters away, there was a group of about nine titans, all staring at you with bloodlust filled eyes. Your horse didn't seem to know what to do either, so that left you with the choice.

Get caught by the military, or attempt to take down a group of titans and prove you're not useless.

You chose the latter.

You still had time before the front linesmen would reach you. Taking down at least two of these fuckers would be easy.

Kicking your horse in the direction of the titans, you prepared yourself for battle. You unsheathed your blades and readied your maneuver gear. Your horse galloped between the legs of the first titan you reached.

Jumping up and off of your horse with your non-injured leg wasn't hard, but it provided you with poor balance that you were able to take control of. Using only simple maneuvers, you took down the three that charged at you first. They were slow, which made it way easier on you. The next one though, would need to be a quick kill considering how close the linesmen were.

What you didn't know about this last titan however, was that it was abnormal. From your place in the air right after your last kill, you launched your anchors into the back of your new target. As if it could feel what your objective was, before you could land it turned its body so it was facing where you were. Your anchors were still pulling you in, so your body was dragged from the momentum. Your body came into contact with the titan, so as a natural reaction you stuck your legs out to try and avoid the blow. That was probably the worst thing you could've done.

You let out a yell of pain as your body plummeted as far as the wires would let you, causing something in your hips to make a "pop" sound. You hung upside down as if you were a piñata. When you opened your eyes, you were met with the gaze of a titan not to far from you. It took off in your direction and leaped at you when it was close enough. Just before it could do so, you clicked into the release triggers on your anchor controls, which sent you falling about another twenty feet. You kept your eyes closed, hoping it would keep the pain away, but it didn't.

Now here you were, back at where we started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could start to feel a strange, warm feeling spread across your back. All you did was kept still. It hurt too bad to move. You felt the ground shake with the appearances of more titans, but you didn't bother to move. None of the titans seemed to have any interest in you. All they cared about was making their prey suffer, and you were suffering enough. One by one, you heard the hoofbeats of what seemed to be a small group of people.

"(Y/N)!!"

You didn't even want to look at the faces of the ones coming over. The yell was a mix of Levi's shock and Armin's heartache. You were able to feel the hoofbeats come right up next to you, but someone climbed off of their horse and leaned down right next to you.

"Oh god, please no..." Armin's soft and shaky voice echoed around your head as he grabbed your hands with his.

You opened one of your eyes slightly. Saying that looking at his expression made your heart hurt would be an understatement. Terror was written all over his face with unmistakable grief in his eyes. You couldn't tell if he knew or not, but tears were streaming down his face.

Every few seconds, there was a thud of each titan dropping dead, which was probably Levi's doing.

"My god, please don't leave me." Armin begged as he held onto your hand tighter, causing you slight pain.

"(y/n), I'm serious. I try to picture me without you, but I can't." Armin was full on sobbing now, which caused you to start slightly, "For the short few years that I've known you, you've taught me how to be able to stand up for myself, or at least you tried." he tried joking, "You can't even go out some regal or fun way? Bleeding out isn't all that fun. You could've at least tried to make your story's end interesting, but it seems like it's not the right time and place for that." he joked again, before turning back serious, "I'm serious. I need you. You're existence is irreplaceable to me. If I lost you... I don't know..." he got too choked up and lied his face into your chest, continuously sobbing all the while.

It broke your heart, but with all of the strength through the pain you could gather, you grabbed Armin's face with both of your hands and led him into a slow kiss. He obliged with no hesitation. During the kiss, you could feel yourself slowly drifting away. You could see Levi and Hanji in your peripheral vision. He kept changing between looking down at the ground, and looking up at the sky while she stood with her hands over her mouth, crying as well.

You could hear Levi making out the words sounding like, "She's your problem now," when he looked up.

Despite the dangerous amount of blood on your backside, Armin sat on the ground and picked you up and sat you in his lap, keeping a loving embrace the whole time.

The last words you were able to hear him say were, "I love you. Always and forever. No matter how many lives I have to go through, we'll meet again."

And then....

Darkness.....