Ways To Wake Up

As soon as he said that, the sound of the basement door opening echoed throughout the basement, followed by the voices of none other than Hanji and Levi.

"I really wanna catch up on the sleep I've missed and my head is killing me." you quickly whispered to Armin. "Promise you won't tell them that I woke up." you held out your pinkie finger. He did the same before he hugged you again.

"I'm glad you're okay." Armin let go as you fell into one of the best sleeps you've had.

Just as he put you down Hanji and Levi walked up next to the cell.

"You said you would tell them the plan, Shit Face."

"Nooo, you said that to me and I responded." Hanji flashed Levi a cheesy grin as he just sighed and held his forehead.

"Not in the mood for jokes are we, Captain Shorty?" she looked down at him. "No? Anyways, yes I told Eren and Mikasa, but this one..." she stopped and pointed at Armin.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you just never got to hear what was going to happen."

"What do you mean?"

"Well Levi and I figured that since we don't know when she'll wake up, you, Eren, and Mikasa should just stay on stand-by and skip out on training for today, since you'll have off the next two days anyways. So everything works out! The only thing is you need to stay in certain areas so other cadets don't become suspicious and ask why you're out if you're not helping either me or Levi."

"Okay but where are they?"

With that Hanji and Levi stared at each other as their faces paled.

"Levi, you said you were going to get them from the stables." Hanji said through clenched teeth.

"And when I got there I got a note signed by Jaeger saying you told them to come back here." Levi responded.

"SHIT!" they both yelled.

As if summoned the door opened to reveal them walking down the stairs.

"Jaeger and Ackerman, what was the shit you pulled up there?"

"I don't see the problem Captain. We got bored so we wrote a note saying we were coming back here."

"Well in case you didn't know ass-hat, anybody could have read that and knows we're down here now." Levi shot back at Eren. He looked at Hanji. "So what are we gonna do now?"

"Why don't you move her into one of your offices until this blows over or at least until she can stay awake." Armin shut his mouth right after that.

"I like the idea, but there are a few things wrong with that plan." Levi started. "First of all, training will be over soon, which means cadets and your superiors everywhere. Second, even if we wanted to move her at night, the squad leaders are having a party, so that doesn't help. Third..." he stopped and looked at Armin. "What do you mean, 'Stay awake'?"

All eyes were on Armin now.

"Wait, she was awake, and you didn't tell us?" Hanji asked worriedly.

"Well, um.. Uh, she, uh, was having a nightmare when I came down with breakfast. She told me she was worried about everybody finding out and being kicked out of the military and having to live with her father. So I told her that none of that was going to happen to calm her down. Then she told me that she was tired and her head hurt and went back to sleep."

"Good to know. Did she say if she remembered anything from last night?" Hanji questioned.

"She kept saying sorry but didn't ask why she was down here."