18

"Uh I was in Oslo." I say as I get up.

"Oslo?! Who the hell gave you a permission to go there?" Dad asks and grabs me by the collar of my shirt.

"I-I was there with the Gunnarsens." I say biting my lip.

"You're not going anywhere with them you piece of shit!" Dad says and throws me on the floor. I hit my head cause my hand slips and then I pass out.

Next time I wake up it's still the night. Or at least that's what I think. I'm in the basement, what a surprise.

I get up but I feel dizzy so I fall back on the hard cold floor. I sigh and get up again, slower this time. I go to the window and look out.

It's bright and sunny out there. Kids are playing and flowers are growing. How great. Really.

I see two boys walking outside, not just any boys, Marcus and Martinus. I try to knock on the window but of course they don't hear. The window is the size of a football or something like that.

"Fuck my life." I say to myself quietly. I walk away from the window and sit on the floor. When is this gonna stop? What am I supposed to do?

I hear the door open and I look up. Dad throws a banana to, well, at me. I take it and put it aside. I'm not that hungry so I'll save it for later.

It's been a couple of days. I have been tortured, but today I'm going to school. I haven't told the boys what's going on cause I don't know where my phone is.

I get up from bed and change my clothes. Then I put on some makeup to cover some bruising on my face. I don't think I look good but decent enough. I hope.

I start making my way over to the school. For the first time I'm actually excited about going there. And that is thanks to Marcus and Martinus finally being nice to me.

I walk through the doors and see Martinus and Marcus chatting and leaning on to the lockers. I walk up to them. Marcus is faced to me so he sees me and comes to give me a hug.

"Where have you been?" He asks.

"I umm.. I was sick." I lie and pull away from the hug.

"Was it your dad?" Marcus asks looking me in the eye. I look down and nod a bit.

"I'm gonna kill him if he hurts you one more time. I wo-" Marcus starts but he's interrupted by his twin.

"Jenny!" Martinus says and hugs me tight. I hug him back.

"Where the hell were you?!" He asks, sounding a bit mad.

"Martinus stop yelling, it's not her fault." Marcus says trying to calm Martinus. 

"I don't care, I was here in school trying to explain everyone what's going on while you are somewhere doing whatever." Martinus says.

"I'm so sorry my dad locked me in the basement and beat me for the last two days." I say.

"Do I look like I care? I have to keep up an act with a girl who I don't even like so stop trying to impress me with that bullshit." He hisses.

"Yea yea whatever, what have you told everyone?" I change the subject.

"I just told them we're together and that's it. I have maths first and you have science so I'll walk you there and kiss you by the door, okay?" He says that quietly.

"Okay let's go, bye Marcus." I say and take Martinus' hand. We start walking towards my classroom and trying to seem like a normal couple. Literally everyone is looking at us. I tighten my grip so I'll stay calm and just keep walking.

"Okay we're here. Have a good class." I say and try to smile.

"You too." Martinus says and gives me a kiss. I like kissing him. Wait what? I turn away and walk to the classroom and to my place.

"How could someone like her get Martinus." Someone says.

"I know right, he's famous and she's just a loser." Someone else says chucking. I look back. Elea and Maria. I turn back and sigh.

The class is over and I walk out. I see Martinus with some of his friends and Marcus alone. I should go to Martinus but instead I go to Marcus.

"Hey." I say. He raises his head from his phone and puts it away.

"Hey, how was class?" He asks.

"Fine I guess, even tho Elea and Maria were kinda being bitches, as always." I answer.

"What did they do?" Marcus asked and glanced at the girls mentioned.

"They said I'm a loser and how could I ever get Martinus, I wonder about it too but then I remember that it's all your manager's doings and not mine." I sigh.

"Hey don't worry about them. You deserve who ever you want. You're great." Marcus says smiling. I can't help but smile too.

"Thank you Marcus." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"For being here for me." I say.

"No problem, I'll always be here for you." Marcus smiles. Damn this is getting deep.