-Chapter 34-

Hey hey! So a lot of you commented about how she should obviously choose the Doctor and that Ron was nothing compared to him and I would just like to say... who helped destroy the Dark Lord? Not the Time Lord! haha Plus, they have been best friends for years, there's an emotional attachement there that makes choosing the Doctor harder. Just wanted to get that out of the way ^^

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and love yo faces :P

Only 3 chapters to go! :O

________________________________________

Chapter 34

This had probably been the toughest year of my existence and it all came down to this. If I leave him, he disappears to go anywhere in time and space to be practically untraceable after. If I left right now, never would I see him again. But was he really the John I fell in love with? Or was the Doctor as he said a completely different person?

There was no way to know. A took in a deep breath. I felt such a pain in my chest, tears were streaming down as I walked towards the door of the TARDIS. As I placed a hand on the handle, I heard him sniff behind me. I turned around to see that he was crying as well. It was heart breaking to see.

And right then, I don't know why, but I stopped thinking. I stopped thinking and followed my heart. And my heart made me walk back to him. My decision was done and it was final.

I sat down next to him and took his hand in mine, squeezing it tightly. He looked at me and smiled through the tears.

"I thought you were really leaving," he said.

"So did I," I admitted.

Then, he kissed me. It was a long and passionate kiss that made butterflies flutter in my stomach. But I pushed him, feeling a little guilty.

"I have some unfinished business I need to take care of first, Doctor," I said - it was weird to call him that, but I figured I had to get used to it.

The Doctor and I walked into the Great Hall, with a little help of magic because they blocked the door on the other side. Medical charms had been used on those who had been clawed and they all sat around, waiting patiently. When we walked in, Ron came running to me, holding me in his arms tightly. Little did he know I was going to break his heart in a few minutes.

McGonagall naturally asked a few questioned and the Doctor made up some big explanation. After she was assured that everything had been taken care of and I spoke a real apology to the others, she announced that we continue with the ball which many seemed happy about.

Ron took my hand to pull me over were Harry and Ginny were drinking some punch, but I pulled in the opposite direction. He looked at me confused.

"We need to talk," I spoke that old cliché that never meant something good.

A look of horror appeared on his face as I leaded him to the Entrance Hall.

"What is this about?" he asked, worried.

"Ron... I'm so so sorry, but I can't anymore..." I said, crying softly as I slipped the ring off of my finger and placed it in his palm.

"What? How come? Hermione, are you really doing this?" he said and tears rose to his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Ron. I really am. I love you, you know I do, but... It's just that, well, there's someone else."

I wasn't even able to look him in the eye.

"Someone else? Who? How long have you been cheating on me?!" he asked.

"I-I," I sobbed. "I'm sorry... Could you ever forgive me?"

There was a long silence as he stared at me, his face going from anger to sadness.

"Not right now... Of course I can't right now. But maybe one day, Hermione..." he said, tears rolling down his freckled cheeks.

Without a word, I pulled him into my arms and held him as tightly as I could as he hugged me back. When we let go, it was more than just the hug that was ending. Our story was.