-Chapter 20-

The song in the side doesn't really have anything to do with the video, but I love it! So please check it out? It's really short anyways ^^

_________________________________________________

Chapter 20

The last day before we were leaving for Easter, my mind was still unmade. The problem being that if I left Ron, it would not only affect him and I, but my whole life, who are my friends and who aren't. I still hadn't made my decision, but I did write a comforting letter to Ron. There wasn't much, it wasn't completely honest, but it would keep him calm while I thought things through.

Before seeing Ron again, I needed to see John one last time. After Ginny went to bed, I left the common room. A few minutes later, I had arrived in front of his office door. I hesitated for a moment in fear he was already asleep, but I took the chance anyway. He opened the door and smiled widely seeing me.

"Mione! Come in," John greeted me warmly and moving aside to let me in.

He seemed so joyful to see me, I couldn't help smiling as well. He leaded me over to his desk with a hand in my back. Rarely did we have physical contact. I took a seat and he leaned on the desk in front of me.

"So what brings you here tonight?" he asked.

"I wanted to wish you a happy Easter," I beamed.

Being there with him made me forget about my dilemma completely, as if it didn't exist.

"Thank you! Happy Easter to you too. How are you spending your vacation?"

"Oh, I'm going to spend it with Ginny," I answered.

I didn't want to mention Ron to John. I felt like John had forgotten about Ron and was afraid that if I reminded him, we would go back to just being friends. He would be less warm and flirty to me by respect for Ron. And I didn't want that...

"What are you doing on break?" I asked to make sure he wouldn't ask further questions about mine.

"Oh... I'll probably just stay here, correct some papers..." he said, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Don't you have any family or friends?" I asked, surprised.

"Friends, yeah a few. No family though..."

He looked suddenly sad and for the first time, I noticed how lonely he seemed to be. His old eyes looked down to the ground as he crossed his arms over his chest. I felt bad for asking and for him and felt the need to comfort him. I stood up and - with shaking with hesitation - I placed a hand on his shoulder and another on his hand. He looked up at me, slightly stunned. I smile softly, but I didn't know what to say. I really to make him smile or just to let him know he wasn't alone as long as I was there, but I was speechless. I gazed into the depths of his chocolate eyes, unable to read them, but he read mine perfectly.

I had become breathless and he didn't seem to be breathing either. He let his arms fall to his sides, but he held my hand, our fingers intertwined.

It was so wrong, but it felt terribly right.

For the first time in my life, I wasn't thinking at all, but let my emotions take me. And my emotions pushed me to lean in. Getting on the tip of my toes, I gently kissed his lips. He kissed me back, leaning down a bit since he was so tall and cupping my face with the hand I wasn’t holding. It was soft and meaningful.

Maybe it lasted 1 second, maybe 3 hours, but my head was spinning and my heart was racing even after I left the office to later lay down in bed just to be unable to fall asleep.