-Chapter 10-

Chapter 10

Before I knew it, I had spent 2 hours with Smith. The only way we realized that I should probably leave is when I noticed I was hungry and of course, I was diner time. So we walked together to the Great Hall, still deeply in conversation.

I was refreshing to talk to someone I almost matched in intellect. As much as I love Ron, our conversation only ever scrapped the surface of my interest. With Smith, it went so much deeper than that.

Once we were separated in the Great Hall, I felt the need immediately to continue talking to him. That's why at the end of my last Astronomy class, I stayed seated, waiting for all the others to leave.

He was straightening some things on his desk hadn't noticed that I was still there until I cleared my throat.

"Miss Granger, it's late, you should probably go to bed," he smiled.

"Yes, I am going to bed, it's just that... lately I haven't been understanding completely the subject," I lied.

"Not understand the subject? Miss Granger, I rely on you to know if I know the subject!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

I laughed a bit nervously.

"It's just that... The Diolisis star confuses me, you see."

"What is there confusing about it? The same rules of the Diolisis star applies to the Krevanas star and you got an O on that paper."

"Really? I keep forgetting about the Krevanas star..."

"Look, it's late, I don't have time right now to explain it again to you. Why don't you stop by my office tomorrow afternoon?" he offered.

"Sound perfect, Sir," I smiled and took my things to leave.

I think he knew I wasn't being completely honest with him, but he made the offer with a warm smile that let me know that he was happy about the idea of seeing me again.

I thought crossed my mind about him. A completely inappropriate thought. I only wanted to talk to him, nothing else! He was a teacher and I was a student.

And yet, I felt guilty as a voice in the back of my mind reminded me of Ron.