Heroes

A/N: Sorry in advance for this shitstorm. The more cryptic the authors note, the better.
*************************
Trini's eyes were soft, and lips upturned slightly but upon closer inspection, Kimberly could tell that she was nervous, her hand was gripping Kims wrist rather tightly and she was shifting her weight from one foot to the other, and all Kim could do was stare, stare and listen to the beating of both their hearts in sync, stare and wait for the yellow ranger to speak.

They were going into battle, something about a super villain called lord zedd, the boys had already left but Trini had grabbed Kim and stopped them from leaving, saying she needed to say something before they left.

Realising they probably didnt have a lot of time, the shorter girl reached into her pocket and handed Kimberly a crumpled piece of paper, asking her to read it later, Kim wondered what it said, her heart clenched but she simply nodded, turning to leave the ship when once again Trini's hand pulled her back.

This time it was to join both their lips together, ignoring the frantic calls of Alpha 5, both girls kissed, welding their lips together, conveying as much as they could, before Trini pulled away and with more vulnerability than Kim had ever seen in the smaller girl, she whispered,"I love you." Her voice cracked but before Kim could reply the yellow ranger had morphed and was running to the boys' aid, leaving a speechless pink ranger to collect her thoughts and run into the fight herself.
***********************************
The town was in a state of chaos when Kimberly arrived, the rangers were fighting some versions of putties besides her and she quickly intercepted one of them which was about to kick Zack. He shot her a grateful look and she nodded, taking on another one. Trini smirked at her and half shouted, "Took you long enough princesa." And Kim blushed profusely, knocking one of the putties down, it was almost as if they hadnt kissed earlier, almost, but the fire and gleam in Trinis eyes, coupled with some primal fear gave her away. Slamming her hand through two putties at once was all Kim could do to keep herself from running over to the shorter girl and kissing her.

Jason signalled for them to get in their zords, gesturing towards what Kim supposed was Lord Zedd. She sized him up and decided he didn't look too bad, so why were Zordon and Alpha 5 so terrified.

They were all in their zords, fighting the putties when Lord Zedd came to stand before them, his armour gleamed in the sunlight and when he laughed, Kimberly could understand why this guy was called the, "Emperor of Evil"

The city was burning around them, mist of the infrastructure destroyed and the people wearing expressions of pure fear.

Jason was the first to address him, "We're the power rangers, stand down before we take you out."

And then Lord Zedd was laughing again, "I know who you are." He nearly spat out. "The puny little power rangers, you may have defeated my wife but you cant defeat me."

And then it was Trini's turn to speak, and hearing her voice made Kim's heart flutter, "You were married to Rita? No wonder you seem so insecure. Listen you little fucker, there's five of us and one of you, you really think you can defeat all of us?"

Lord Zedd stared at her, or at least Kimberly assumed because she couldn't see his eyes. Then he smiled and shivers ran down her back, the smile was pure evil and Kimberly did not like that it was aimed at Trini.

"I don't have to defeat all of you, I just have to defeat one and the rest of you will destroy yourselves." And then Kimberly's heart was actually beating out of her chest, in a panicked, fearful manner. "And you just made my choice for me little yellow." He whispered.

Before any of them could react, his spear was aimed towards Trini's zord and she was crashing as it malfunctioned, electric sparks shooting out. Kim heard her voice through the comms, "Thank you for being my friends." And then her zord collapsed.