Home

Trini felt suffocated, she felt as if Rita's claws were making their way down her neck all over again, as if, just like that day, she would be forced to face this on her own. Trini Gomez hated herself for getting attached, she hated that after promising herself that since places and people were not constant, she wouldn't get attached to them, she had gotten attached, she hated that she had let herself believe this time would be different. That just because she now had a purpose, it wouldn't be taken from her.

Trini remembered the first time she had moved, she had been fourteen, confused, scared but above all innocent. She had come home from school simmering with pain because she felt feelings which she was told she wasnt supposed to feel, she looked to her parents for comfort. She remembered clearly asking her mother, "Why arent we allowed to love freely?" And her mother hugging her and saying of course they were allowed to love freely, but when Trini asked if it would be okay if she fell for a girl, she just remembered screams and packed bags, she just remembered a new house but no home.

After that she never stayed in one place for long, Trini would try smoking weed to escape, revelling in the burning high and then she'd be in a new town, or as soon as she seemed to settle down they would be preparing to leave. So Trini changed, she stopped feeling, stopped making friends, stopped risking the heartbreak of leaving. So thats why Angel Grove hit her like a swirling storm, and Kimberly hart, well Kim was the hurricane.

A while after defeating Rita, the rangers had been met with a new adversary, Lord Zedd, and he made sure the rangers suffered. During one fight, Kimberly got a particularly bad gash on her stomach, the rangers weren't aware how bad it was until after the battle, bleeding out, she collapsed. They couldnt find a pulse and as Trini held her limp body in her arms, she forgot to breathe, she forgot to hide her emotions, to wear a facade, she just sobbed, her face buried in Kims hair and she begged for her to wake up, she begged for her to not leave them, so when the pink rangers eyes fluttered open and she saw the yellows broken ones, she didnt say anything but she sucked in a breath of life and connected her lips to Trinis. After that they started dating, and Trini didnt think of the consequences, Trini didnt think that she was falling for pink, that she was too far in now.

Trini didnt think it was a bad idea calling Kim over when her parents were only gone for an hour, she didnt think that kissing the pink ranger while lying on the couch could bring them trouble, she didnt think about what would happen when her parents walked into the two of them lying shirtless on top of each other, locked tightly in an embrace, their lips attached.

The consequences, she hadnt even told Kim, she couldnt. Trini jumped off the cliff, landing in the water which started it all, she looked down at her yellow, glowing figure and thats when the tears came, they came as horrible heartbroken sobs, she thought about how the first time she had come here it had been because kim pulled her under, how she and the others had all floated there shocked. Trini thought how she was soon going to be away from all of them, breaking up the power rangers and her heart.

She made her way to the ship, composing herself, she saw Jason and suddenly her idea didnt seem too good, still she took a deep breath and made her way to him.
"Hey Trini, where have you been? Kim was worried sick, she thought your mother kicked you out or something."
Trini made a strangled noise and Jason realised she wasnt alright, she held out her hand, the yellow coin which gifted her the best memories of her life lying in the palm.

"Jason, take this, and promise me whoever you choose to give it to in the future cares about you guys, promise me youll make sure theyre someone willing to lay down their life for you guys, promise me they'll be someone who wont let Kim shut herself out, they wont let her hate herself..promise me..." and then she couldnt contain it anymore she just broke down and red held her. He held her until she stopped crying and then he looked at her gently and clasped her hand around the yellow coin.

"Trini, youre our only yellow ranger, go talk to Kim, she has a right to know what you're going through and hey, it doesnt matter where you are, or what you're doing, youll always be our fiesty, little ray of yellow."

Thats how Trini found herself roaming Angel Grove aimlessly, not knowing where to go, anywhere seemed better than seeing Kimberly, knowing she'd only be meeting her to say farewell. So Trini went to krispy kreme and sat on the same table she had with Kim the day of their donut skirmish and then she ordered the same donut. She went to the pit and fought putties, remembering her first training. She went to the school and visited her biology class, her detention class and lastly Kims locker which she had ripped right off its hinges. She made her way to the small ravine where she had been smoking up when Kim had found her and kissed her, throwing the joint away as she wrapped her arms around the yellows neck, their mouths synchronised, their tongues dancing, and when she had pulled away she had smirked at Trini and said, "Im the only drug you need." And trini had kissed her again and agreed.

And so Trini was outside Kimberlys window, perched on the tree outside, her eyes focused on the pink ranger who sat with her back against the bed, staring at her phone and wearing an anxious expression. It made Trini want to do what she always did, run. That was until she saw Kim looking straight at her with wide eyes, until Kim opened the window and she found herself in the room that smelled of strawberries and goodbyes.

"Trini...Ive been so worried, I thought something had happened." She said as she engulfed the smaller girl in her arms, she held her until she was sure of the yellow rangers presence, until she felt safer. When she pulled away she noticed that Trini was crying.

"Whats wrong, what happened....talk to me Trini, tell me whats wrong." So the yellow did, she spilled her heart out as she sobbed into Kimberlys shoulder, as the taller girl traced patterns on her back, a lump formed in her own throat at the though of being separated.

Trini was suddenly aware that Kim was crying, so she regained her composure and pulled away from her, doing what she had always done, keeping the pink safe. "The real reason I came here was to break up with you Kimberly, you deserve better than some unsure, long distance relationship so thats that. Just take care of yourself, and dont cry over some messed up, screw up like me. You'll find someone better." Trini got up and made her way to the window, trying to ignore Kimberley's crying, knowing that after she was gone it would be better for Kim, rather than her waiting for Trinis texts, of a once a month visit.

"Fuck you Gomez" Kimberly sounded and the shorter ranger froze in her tracks, "Unsure, long distance relationship?" She pulled Trini to face her and put her mouth to hers, she caught Trinis lower lip between her teeth and gently bit down, her tongue exploring her mouth like it was the first time they were kissing, she poured all her feelings into the kiss. When she finally pulled away she looked Trini straight in the eye, "Did that feel unsure? I cant find someone better because there is nobody but you for me. I fucking love you, there I said it, you can throw this away but I wont. I know you love me too, I know its tearing you apart to leave, so don't, don't leave me too Trini Gomez."

Trini was still recovering from the kiss but Kims words cut deep,

"You think I have a choice, you think I want to leave, you think I want to give away the first person Ive ever loved, the first friends Ive ever had or the first place Ive called home, I dont, I want to stay here forever and kiss you and hold you and tell you I love you until theyre the only words you know, I want to fall off cliffs with you until theres no cliff left to fall off of, I want to wake up next to you and know that Im home but I cant."

And then Kim's arms were wrapped around her, and again they were kissing, falling to her bed, looking for refuge in each other and clinging so tightly.

"Stay with me, you can stay with me, my parents wont care, im getting my own apartment anyways since I turn 18 this month, stay with me Trini, dont leave me alone."  The pinks eyes were pleading, desperate, as if she couldnt bear the thought of Trini leaving.

The yellow ranger couldnt speak, she didnt trust herself to speak, but she pictured waking up with Kim, making breakfast for Kim, loving Kim for as long as she could, so because she couldnt speak, instead she kissed Kimberly and when she did, they both somehow knew that even though forever seemingly never happened and couples were bound to fall apart, they somehow knew that their forever wasnt just a lie.
***********************************************