Back to School

Sitting in the coffee shop trying not to think about Amy and actually drink the coffee.  Clementine came up asking, "need a refill?"  Not even looking up responding, "No, I'm good."  She sat down beside me.  Trying to strike up a conversation "So how's things?  Sorry about the letter?  I know a relationship wouldn't happen but I can still be a friend.  We can always talk about you, Amy, or other stuff."

"Yeah, I guess" taking a sip of my coffee.  Adrian and Jack came walking in and sat down with us.  "So how was your summer Ricky?" Adrian asked.  "Just peachy.  I lost my fiancé and I have to raise my son basically on my own.  How do think I'm doing?" pounding my fist onto the table.  "Relax man." Jack said.  "Relax, could you with your fiancé in New York and with a Ben hovering around her?"  Jack was taken back, "I thought she wasn't your fiancé anymore?"  Pounding the table even harder "Oh forget it" storming out of the coffee shop.

Jack following me.  Putting his hand on my shoulder, "Dude, relax. What is up with you?"

"I falling in love with her.  I went to New York for her birthday and slept with her.  She came here for 2 weeks and I slept with her.  Confessed how I feel about her and she still left for New York."

"Wow, never thought I would ever hear that from you," walking with me.

"Yeah, never thought I would either.  Now Amy's not here, Clementine thinks she has a chance with me.  Don't get me wrong she's cute and nice but I can't I love My Amy."

"So don't worry about Clementine.  Just worry about you, John, school, and work."

Got out of classes and went to work.  I walked into the shop tired.  Survived work, mostly, just about to go upstairs when Bunny stopped me and ask, "How are you doing?"  I slumped down to the stair put my hands on my head and said, "I miss her, I miss her a lot.  I hate that Ben is in New York with her."

"Ben doesn't love her, like you love her.  Amy knows that.  Don't worry about Ben or Amy.  Right now just worry about John."

"I know you're right" giving her a hug.

I stood up and turned around about to take a step when Bunny said, "Oh yeah, there's a blonde upstairs waiting for you.  She came in when you were throwing out the garbage."  I started walking up the stairs.  A blonde who the hell would be waiting for me.  Certainly not Amy she's not a blonde or in California.  I get to the top, "Clementine, what are you doing here?"

"I thought you could use a friend."

"I need to go take a shower then pick up John."

"I can go with you to pick him up."

"That won't be a good idea."  My phone begins to ring.  I look at it to see it's Amy.  "And that is Amy calling. I have to go." Picking up the phone, "Hey Amy I just got out of work, going to take a shower then picking up John.  He'll call you after dinner."  I close the door.

After my shower I open the door.  Clementine is sitting on the step.  "What are you still doing here?"  She just looks up at me.  I sat down beside her.

"Clementine, you need to understand I see you as a sister nothing more and I love Amy. I'm not going to do anything to hurt her. See the last time Amy was in New York the guy she was dating cheated on her.  I'm not going to do that to her even though we're technically aren't together.  And I don't want you to come pick up John with me.  I don't want to confuse him or make him think I'm replacing his mom or anything like that.  I don't mind being friends.  But a true friend will respect that I'm only willing to hang out at school or the coffee shop."

"I can respect that.  I like Amy and I can see how you feel about her.  I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or anything."

I walk her down the stairs and out my door.  I locked up.  I turn around to see Adrian with her arms folded on her chest.  "Why the hell is Clementine coming out of your apartment?"

"Clementine was never in my apartment."  She rolled her eyes at me.

"I overheard you talking to Jack and now she's walking out of your apartment.  What am I supposed to think?   I hope Amy doesn't hear about this."

"Clementine is right there at her car, go talk to her before you open your mouth to Amy."  She walked over to Clementine's car.  I got into mine and drove off to pick up John.  I came back with John.  She better have talked to Clementine.  If she didn't this is going to be one hell of a night of wrath of Amy.  John and I had dinner.  Adrian text: Sorry Ricky. Then Amy called I answered, "Hi Amy, here's John"