Part XVIII

xxx

I lived on with those words for the rest of my life. Now I rarely ever have the chance to worry. Back to the story, the next day was the tournament so I spent my entire day at the rink after paying for some privacy.

I will win. I'll win for Amelie Nordan. I'll win for Cammile Poissonnier. I'll win for my father. I'll win for me.

It has been raining all day and it seemed as though it would never stop. Thankfully, the rink was inside. I sat down for a break and drank my gatorade as I counted all the things I needed to fix or things I could do to improve my performance.

Auson's face is going to be hilarious. Was he the one that Dad used to say I would meet one day.

Dad's words seemed to float through the room, "Sweety, you will meet a man one day that you will give all of your trust and forgiveness to and he will do the same in return. Sweety, you will spend your entire life searching for this man. Men will come in disguises that make them look like him, but you, my dearest daughter, will see right through the masks and the make-up and see the true beauty in the world until you find him."

I let a small tear slip from my eye. It has been so long since I last really thought of y father and his words. I don't care that I shed one tear. I am alone anyways. I sit up from the bench and start training even harder.

He may not be the man, but he sure is a good one. Unlike some guys I know..

The night finally came and it seemed like only mere seconds before I was sitting on the bench at the stadium, alone, except for a few workers. I sat there on my phone texting Cammile as she praised me on how much I've grown and how she is so excited to see me perform on the television tonight.

Eventually, Yurio and Yuuri made it to the bench with me. I ignored Yurio who decided that he had to sit next to me and separate me from Yuuri, who was the only person in Italy besides Auson that I wouldn't mind talking to.

"You never answered my question, (Y/N)," Yurio says, "What happened to you last night."

"I had fun with my boyfriend," I provoke him with a half lie, "You know, like, playing football, eating at a cafe, touring churches, sharing wisdom, and killing innocent children. At least one of us has the guts to try and make friends, Yurio."

The boyfriend part seemed to tick him off enough, but when I said 'Yurio' he went off the edge.

"Fine, idiot," It didn't hurt anymore, "You go have fun with a boy you are probably never going to see again and we'll see who's laughing when you are crying your butt off on the plane tomorrow when you have to break up with him!"

"I won't have to," I say and it was truth. We aren't even dating, "You'll see."

"Oh yeah," Yurio says, "Don't even think about sleeping on the couch again because I'll be staying at Otabek's."

If he had said that yesterday, I would have broken down and would not have the courage to compete, but today I am a new person.

"Go ahead and stay with your boyfriend, Yurio," I say, "Not like I'll try and stop you. I don't want to see you making out with him on our couch."

"Grr," Yurio growled

The stadium filled up in an hour. I searched the crowd for Auson's long brown hair and warm smile, but I couldn't seem to see him anywhere.

"Icey!" A familiar voice yelled, "Hey, (Y/N)!"

I turned my head towards the voice and I saw Auson. He was wearing a tux and his hair was cut short, which made me frown.