The moment we returned to Velaris Amren took the second book and left, returning to her apartment to try and decode it. We all hoped she found something to help us in there.
Rhys and I walked into the town house, determined to get some time alone whilst we could, get just as we went to sit down Azriel rushed into the room, a wild look in his eyes.

"We're under attack."

Rhysand

It must have been the queens. But how? They had known about the city for less than an hour. Yet here were free hundred attor, screeching as they flew into the city, as they tore children from their houses and snapped them in two.

Blood was already running in the streets as Feyre and I entered the battle, and I took to the skies with Azriel by my side.

Feyre, I sent down the bond, stay safe, don't endanger yourself more than you have to.

I shut out her response, but I felt understanding on her side. If she was in danger, if the baby was in danger... I knew that she should have stayed somewhere safe, somewhere secure, but I respected her deduction, even if it went against every instinct I had. Feyre was my mate, and I would do as she pleased.

I slammed into a group of attor, darkness spiral of out of me, going down their throats, their noses, blasting them apart from the inside. Cassian, Azriel and I took care of the aerial troops, whilst Mor, Feyre and Cassian dispatched the attor that got past us.

Cassian and Azriel sent their power into a shield around them, preferring to use blades to cut apart the attor. I, on the other hand, chose to attack with darkness, showing them the power of the High Lord of the Night Court.

I made the attor regret attacking my city.

Feyre

I used Tarquin's power to create wolves that chased down the attor, ripping them to shreds before they could scream. I used my powers from a distance, trying to avoid a physical fight with the attor.

The last time I'd killed I'd had nightmares for months, yet I felt nothing about killing the attor; they had attacked my city and so they would pay the price.

When I'd gotten bored of water I switched to ice, sending shards into the legion, followed by fire that burned through them all. Within minutes the attor had chosen to flee, but I wasn't going to let them get away that easily, so I winnowed into the air above them, and came crashing down into them with shields of ice, fire and water smashing them apart before they could touch me.

I winnowed back to the ground once I had killed them all, and found myself standing in pools of blood, attor blood, that ran down the streets. I summoned the water from the river to wash away the gore before rushing off to find Rhys.

I found the other side of the city, also standing in pools of blood, which had soaked his clothes and covered his face. When he saw me his face lit up, and he was immediately by my side and kissing me passionately.

I was so worried, Feyre darling. I know that you can handle yourself out there as well as any of us, but I couldn't help worrying.

It's ok, Rhys, I understand completely.

"How did the attor find Velaris so quickly?" Mor asked. "The mortal queens wouldn't have been able to betray us that easily." I turned to Rhys, realisation in my eyes.

"Hybern already knew. The king already knew the location of Velaris and he attacked now only to prove it."

We were silent for a minute, before Rhys turned to Amren.

"How much have you done with the book of breathings?" He asked, trying to figure out what to do next.
"I have found a spell that could nullify the cauldron's power, but it would require Feyre to do it." She turned to me. "It is dangerous, and we would have to get you to the cauldron for the spell to happen." It would require us to go to Hybern. Go to the lands of the man that wanted to kill us all.

"I'll do it." I said firmly before anyone else could intervene. "If it can stop Hybern from unleashing the cauldrons power then I will do it." Rhys took my hand.

"Are you sure, Feyre? I'm sure that we could find another way if you are scared." And even though he tried not to, he looked to my belly, where his unborn child grew.
"Is there another way, Amren?" I asked her, not sure what I wanted to hear.

"No. At least not without disastrous consequences." I let go of the breath I hadn't realised I was holding, and looked to Rhys once more.

"I'm sure I can do this." And that was final.

"Then we will have to plan."