It's SonSon's Day!

Start from the beginning

All of all, your 18th birthday was so far the worst one imaginable.

Disheartened, you walked out of school that evening with Cris by your side. The others had to either go home earlier or later.

"What's with your face, Sony? Are you feeling alright?" She asked you, concerned.

"I am fine, eonnie. Just tired from the day's torture," You said, managing a small smile.

"Oh, I tho- Sony! Where's my phone?" Cris suddenly asked you.

"You mean, your broken phone? I don't know?" You said in tone of question.

"Yah! I need my phone back! Aish! Oh, i know! It's in the Gym! I probably left it there while changing! Come, let's get it!" And without waiting for your answer, she dragged you back into the school building in a hurry. Things people do for their phones.

You lost to her superman running skills halfway, and had to make it on your own to the Gym. How you loved this place, the way it overlooked the north hill was your favourite. Thanks to your bully of a Math teacher, you had to skip Gym today. Huh.

The school was quiet, but no more quieter than the Gym was. You thought Cris was going to cry and call out to her phone, which she wasn't doing. Not worrying much about it, you pushed open the door to the dark gym, and what awaited, bloomed a flower fragrant than any other inside your heart.

Nam Woohyun was holding a cake as cute as him on his hand, and only the 18 lit candles on it showed you his smiling face.

"You..." You started, unable to put your mixed feelings to words. A simple Happy Birthday was all you needed from him that morning to make your day worth it. Then again, he had taken so much trouble only to make his greeting the most special one for you. "And i thought you were busy doing something else."

"Could never be busy enough to let your birthday go to waste without me, could I?" He smiled toothily, putting the cake down and walking close to you. Few dim lights had lit up in the Gym, telling you there were others somewhere around. But you were too busy calming your beating heart down and stopping your childish tears from falling.

"Happy Birthday," He said, kissing your nose lightly, making you burst into tears after all.

"You foul, stenching little cockroach! How dare you hurt me so much! Couldn't you just do this in the morning?!" You sobbed, hitting his chest repeatedly, while he laughed.

"I was preparing for something," He said, laughing adorably all the time.

"For what?!" As if on cue, the lights went on, a brilliant blue light flashed across the ceiling. Bouquets of flowers stood around the Gym, the floor covered in a sea of red and white balloons. Fairy lights adorned the walls, a big "Happy Birthday Sony" painted gorgeously at a side. Woohyun slowly approached you, humming a heartwarming confession song. He came and backhugged the speechless and touched you, whispering into the silence, "Do you promise to celebrate the last of your birthdays with me?"

You half-turned to look at him, as he slowly unenclosed his fist in front of your eyes. On his fluffy little palm, sat a gorgeous diamond planted on a ring. "I'm trying to book you here, honey. Will you... marry me?"

You gasped, not expecting this at all. Was he serious? Was he willing to take your relationship to that next stage of commitment.

"Woohyun..." You muttured, your voice filled with tears. "I..."

For a second there, you considered a no. But then you went back to every one of those moments spent with him that meant more to you than anything else. How many of your tears did he replace with smiles? How many days were made better merely because of his presence? How many times did you feel Woohyun was the one person you needed to go on in life anymore?

Countless times.

And so, you nodded a yes, breaking cheers of happiness, congratulation and confetti around the room.

Most of all, though, you could feel the love he held in the embrace he held you in, mutturing countless "thank you" and "i love you"s.

"Thank you, Sony. Thank you for trusting me. I love you, i love you so much."

"I love you too, Woohyun. Like i've never loved before. "

You were now officially Namu's Sony.

=======

Quuueeeeeeeeeeiiiiipppppp!! Okay, forgive me! I am so late with this crappy thing! Damn WiFi for dying yesterday of all days!

First things first, eonnie, belated Happy Birthday. Are you pissed? Upset? Angry? I just wanted to prank you, but WiFi messed up my entire plan.

Remember that first day when you greeted me saying, "Hello, SumSum. Welcome to Sony's world!" ?? Of course i still remember that day. Will always remember it when you introduced yourself as 'Namu's Sony'.

Thank you for being a elder sister who always looks out for me, saves me from DJ's bullying, laughs at my not-so-funny jokes, makes me feel so special. You're special, more than you know. More than i can express. You're the most fantastic engineer out there, and i hope i die believing that. I don't know how to make up for my foolish behaviour yesterday, but let me promise to stay by your side this year and for as long as i can. Love you.

I am so so so sorry, i wish there was some way to approach u instead of using internet.

Happy Birthday once again, my SonSon (SWHFantasy ). (You miss being 18?)

-Sony's SumSum

18.12.17

(19.12.17)