It's SonSon's Day!

Opening your eyes every morning was a thing of delight, to know you have been blessed to live another day. Opening your eyes on the morning of 18th December is different though, it makes you happy to know that you have been blessed with another complete year on the surface of this Earth.

It was one of those extra special mornings, and you felt special. It was your birthday, you were granted another year of life. It was wonderful.

You were excited, like any teenager in their right mind. Birthdays were fun, mainly because of the good time and memories it created with friends and family. The first thing you did after freshening up in the morning was scanning your messaging app of that one name you knew would just be there. Strangely enough, that name wasn't there. But that's not possible. Is he sick? Or in trouble?

You rushed downstairs, smiled through the greetings, hugs and kisses your family had to offer you, had a delicious birthday breakfast, and got into your brother Sungkyu's posh Audi to school. As usual, he was extra sweet on your birthday. However though, you kept checking your phone for messages. Every incoming ping sound made you excited, thinking it might be him, but you were disappointed everytime. He couldn't just forget it was your birthday, could he?

As soon as you entered school, your friends surrounded you with flowers and hugs, being the loudest squad as usual.

"Happy Birthday, SonSon!" Sumaya cheered, bringing on the squad with her and crushing you in a group hug.

"Yahhhhhh!!! Let me go! Don't make this my death day too!!" You shouted, though internally feeling blessed to have these amazing (and crazy) people as your best friends.

"What, it's your birthday! Don't be a spoilsport, Sony!" Dija laughed, hugging you tight just to annoy you.

"That's enough, you mushrooms! Let her go!" Cris ordered the younger two.

"Who called me a mushroom?" Sungjong chirped.

"That's right, Cris! You should call him something worse!" Sungyeol said, deliberately trying to pester the younger.

"This is offensive," Sungjong huffed, bringing laughter into the morning.

"Sony, darling, let's go. These mushrooms will make us be late for class!" Hoya said, playfully winking at her.

Dongwoo burst into a feat of weird laughter (which failed to stay weird anymore because he was born with it), offending Sungjong and Dijah and lowkey Sumaya even more. Because they knew the particular term was addressed to them alone.

"Where is Woohyun, though?" You finally asked the boys.

"He said he's resting at home today," Myungsoo informed.

"What?!" You shrieked, a pitch higher than you wanted to. You were furious. How dare he?! Does he want a break up at this point? What kind of a boyfriend does that? But you had to remain calm, and so you went back to tranquility mode. "Oh. That's okay, maybe he's sick." You said, improvising.

"Hardly sounded like that," Sungkyu said bluntly. "I mean, he sounded sleepy most of the time."

You wanted to punch you brother right in the face for saying that out loud. You were hurt, and there was no way to deny it. But you just had to remain calm about it. You're 18 now, you're a big girl.

They say time heals, but as the day went on, things got worse.

Lunch was horrible, worse than the 3 days old food they once made you eat the previous year. What was worse, your friends were barely there, all busy with unfinished assignments and community service and club work. The teachers were particularly in a bad mood today, pointing out every small mistake you had made. You had lines to do for Business, and a essay to rewrite for English. Your Gym class was cancelled by the Math teacher, making you clean the classroom instead. Why were you so distracted anyway?