#HappyCrisDay

Throughout this year that i have known Cris eonnie for, i imagined a protective, caring, sassy and hard-working big sister standing tall as a tree before me, providing shelter from scorching heat or howling storms. Throughout this year 2017, a found a person who looked up to me all the way from Philipinnes.

This one, is a shoutout to the world's most reader-friendly writer bitchmom .

The beginning on 26th November 2017

Cris eonnie was down for the past week or so, and Sony eonnie thought it was nothing us kids should be worried about. Dija eonnie and I were not kids, but we resorted to discussing about it amongst us only. That woman is getting old, might as well need our help finding her reading glasses these days. Haha, just kidding.

Brushing all those thoughts away, i kept quiet in my hiding place, having to shush Ken's chatter every now and then. How does he talk so much to the air anyway? Ken, people, is Cris eonnie's handsome 4-year-old who is also my coughHeMyCrushcough.

As soon as the door to the house creaked open, and her heels met the floor, we all jumped out of our hiding places, cheering loudly and gleefully, wishing her a happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday Cris!" We chorused in sync and Cris eonnie faked delighted smiles and exchanged half-hearted hugs. How did I know they were faked and half-hearted? Because Sony eonnie, DJ and I looked at each other at the same time sensing something wrong. This time, Sony eonnie didn't tell us to not talk about it anymore. Clearly, she knew what was going on.

"Happy 78th birthday, eonnie!" I cheered when she approached us, hugging her.

"Yah, kid! I am not that old!" She said, playfully pulling my ear.

"Ahhhh! I know! Now let me go!" I protested, playing along. "Appa!"

"Happy birthday, eonnie!" Dija eonnie and Sony eonnie chorused, shortly before Ken jumped in his mother's embrace.

"Happy birthday, momma! Let's cut the cake! I want to taste it! It looks good!" Ken rambled on, planting a kiss on eonnie's cheeks.

Eonnie laughed, walking to the cake set on the table. It was big and lit by candles, and i totally wanted to taste it before anyone else.

"Make a wish, blow the candles!" Eonnie's colleague from work, Mara eonnie, said. I saw her scrutinising the crowd, pulling Mr. Kim apart from it and making him stand beside his wife, the birthday girl. He looked dejected.

I caught a small sigh escaping Eonnie's slightly parted lips, but closing her eyes and making a wish anyway. She cut the cake to everyone's loud cheers, made Ken taste a bit of it, and then went on to cut the cake into smaller pieces. Mr. Kim stood up and walked away to help himself with water. Woah, did they fight?

Mr. Kim was one of the most fun brother-in-laws you could wish to have. He was cool with everything, always cracking jokes and looking out for us. He was handsome, and i was proud of him. 😎

Eonnie and Mr. Kim rarely ever acted unlike their usual selves, and so, today was worrying. I couldn't let her birthday be spoiled in any way! Nuh-uh!

Dija eonnie came to me and pulled me to a side, hissing, "Come here, you!"

"Aish, behave nicely with me!" I grumbled.

She pulled me close and whispered an idea into my ears, and i had no idea what to feel about it.

"That's the most cliched idea ever!" I spat in boredom.

"You got any better ideas, smarty pants?" She challenged back.