Chapter 05 :First Day On The Job!

Start from the beginning

She got out from her apartment not minding about breakfast.

"I can just double my food intake this lunch time at the Academy's cafeteria!" she thought to herself.

It's a good thing that there's a bunch of vacant cab passing by just 5 blocks away from her apartment.

"To U.A Academy please." she said to the cab driver.

*Mei's POV*

I looked at the time again and it's already 05:53 am.

"Why is the time flying by so fast?!!!" I mentally exclaimed.

But the thing that makes me worry is the fact that I am going to start working as a Teacher today! Everything just escalated so quickly. I don't have any idea where to begin.

"What should I do?! How should I even start the class?!!! Do I need to be so formal in front of them?! Do I need to be strict or what?!" I hysterically murmured at the back of the cab.

The cab driver showed me a confused look. He must be thinking that I might be crazy or something.

I nervously laughed.

"He he he. S-Sorry. J-Just n-nervous. F-First day on the job." I stuttered.

"Oh! Haha I see! I understand. What kind of job?!" he cheerfully asked.

"A Teacher." I replied.

"At the U.A Academy?!!!!!!" he sounds so surprised.

"Yeah." I nodded shyly.

"WOW!!!! SO THAT MEANS YOU'RE A PRO HERO?!!!!!" he excitingly exclaimed, losing his concentration on the road.

"Yeah! Yeah! Just focus on the road please." I nervously answered.

"Sorry haha! So what year of students are you going to teach?"

"The 1st year students of the Hero Course."

"WHAT?!!!! THOSE KIDS ARE A BAD ASS!!! Especially the Class 1-A! Remember the U.A Academy's latest Sport's Fest?! The entire Class 1-A dominated the whole stadium! They really put on a great show! The Class 1-A also survived a random villains attack inside the Campus! I really love those kids! I'm a fan of Shoto Todoroki! He is the son of Endeavor! His power is half ice and half fire. I also like Katsuki Bakugo, but his attitude is kind of messed up. That Izuku Midoriya kid is somehow intriguing, he looks weak but his quirk is kinda like All Might's. He really damaged himself during the Sport's Fest, but he's cool! And also Fumikage too!" he explained.

What the fuck is he talking about?!!!! Nezu didn't told me about this one!

"U-Uhm, sorry. But I don't know what you're talking about. You see, I just recently moved here in Japan. I don't have any idea of the recent activities of the U.A Academy since they don't air that kind of news in the U.S." I answered. Gosh! I feel so dumb! I'm really going to scold that Bear-Mouse-Whatever Principal for not telling me this very important information!

"Really?! Oh you better be prepared Miss! Hahaha!" he laughed.

"We're here!" the cab just arrived in front of the Academy.

"By the way, are you aware that All Mi-." I cut him off, since I'm really in a hurry.

"Thanks Mister! Here! Just keep the change!" I said as I handed him my fare.

I got the gate pass out from my bag and wore it. Nezu send someone over to my apartment to hand me this.

"Okay. This is it." I breathed out before entering the Academy.