Chapter 2

ROCK LEE'S POV

I couldn't take it anymore. The girl I'm pretty sure I'm in love with, in a condition like this is not allowed in my book. I jumped from the window I was crouched on and ran to what used to be the door. Releasing my chakra I ran into the house in the middle of one of Sakura's rants. I threw my arms around her in a tight embrace and I felt Toma stiffen. It became dead silent, and Guy sensei says silence isn't good, so I broke it.

"Toma, please don't have that face on a smile suits you so much better then a frown or no emotion at all." I looked down at her to see she was looking at me with a shocked expression, almost as if she didn't believe what I was saying.

Just then Sakura decided she should cut into the conversation. "LEE! I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF TALKING TO TOMA AND YOU INTERRUPTED ME!"

I turned around and sat very close next to Toma on the bed and I blushed slightly. I was thanking anyone listening for the darkness of the room. My arms never leaving the embrace I had pulled her in a couple minutes ago. " Sakura-chan you know when someone isn't in a good mood yelling will only make things worse. You should first fix the problem at hand and then you can question them." I said as calmly as I could.

I couldn't let Sakura continue to tell at her so I took matters into my own hands. I stood up sadly letting the embrace come to an end, and I pulled Toma up to her feet as well. I lead her to the bathroom first, noticing her short blond hair was greasy and in a tangled mess. I handed her a towel and turned on the bathroom light. I was dieing inside to see her like this, so I put on my best realistic smile trying not to show her how much pain I was in.

"Wash yourself up Toma then I'll take you out to eat ok?" Once again her eyes widen in shock.

"You don't have to" as she said that a sad look washed up on her face, I didn't like that.

"Of course not but I want to! Where would you like to go?" I asked she seemed to think and looked at the floor for a couple seconds before shyly looking up at me, giving me the look that made me fall in love with her in the first place.

"Umm... Is the BBQ place ok?" She whispered immediately looking back at the floor.

I gave her a huge smile that she may or may not have seen. It didn't matter I was just glad to see her back to her normal self. "Yes of course!" I said jumping with excitement. "Take a shower and I'll meet you back here in 45 minutes ok?"

She simply nodded her head and turned and walked into the bathroom. After she closed the door, I turned around and walked passed Sakura who was giving me a weird look, and started looking for Guy sensei. I definitely needed some advice right now.

TOMA'S POV

As I stepped into the shower and felt the hot water fall on my back I relaxed. I don't even know why I agreed to go with Lee, I mean he's the whole reason I'm like I am now. I sighed trying to shake off any negative thoughts.

After about 30 minutes I turned off the water and wrapped myself in the towel. When I stepped out into my room I was suprised and slightly annoyed to see that Sakura was still there. She looked up when I stepped into the room and sighed, "I'm sorry for yelling I just don't like seeing you in bad health over something you won't even tell me about." She then walked over to my closet and picked out one of my ninja outfits. "Here get dressed, then I'll help you with your hair." She walked out of my room and into the kitchen, so I quickly got changed.

I sat down in front of my mirror and just stared at myself. I really was in bad condition and suddenly I didn't want to go eat with Lee. I didn't want people to see me like this. Sakura walked back into the room silently grabbed my brush and gently started to brush out my short blond hair. I wish I could do something with it but it's to short. After Sakura was done with my hair she silently left the house. I applied some concealer to hide the bags under my eyes.

A few minutes later there was a knocking on the side of what used to be my door, and Rock Lee came in. "Are you ready to go Toma?"

I paused and thought for a few moments before hesitantly responding,"yeah.... How bad do I look?" I looked at him shyly.

"Don't worry, you look a lot better then when I first came in!" He said with energy, smiling the whole time.

"Ok I guess we can get going now.......if that's ok with you."

"Alright my youthful beauty!" Lee shouted before he faultered and looked shocked. Wait did he say his youthful beauty?

ROCK LEE'S POV

'Oh my god! Did I just say that out loud? Great now she's going to think I'm weird. I guess there goes my only chance with her. Why do I have to be so impulsive? It's a great thing, but at moments like this, a curse.'

"Um Lee?" I was broken out of my thoughts and looked up to see Toma looking at the floor slightly blushing.

"Yes?" I asked nervous about what she was going to say.

"Um are you ready to go?" She asked still looking at the floor.

"What? You still want to go?" I asked shocked.

"Of course I do." Only then did she look up. She smiled at me, there was a dust of pink across her cheeks. She looked truly happy at that moment. I jumped for joy on the inside and outside. I was the one who made her smile, blush, and be happy. I don't think I've ever been more happy in my life.