Her House (Part Two)

Thankfully Payton and I woke up before her mom stopped in to say good morning.

I had slept really well, and so not to get in trouble Payton removed her arms from me and turned over. I shrank back into the corner I had been in a couple hours ago, and tried to get more sleep. Her mom didn't knock before coming in, so we were both thankful we had separated ourselves.

"Good morning!" Payton's mom's voice was hyper, and it was nice. "Did you guys enjoy the movie? Sleep alright? I have to run out to get my medicine and I'll stop for food, just text me what you two want."

"Yes mom. Have fun. Stay safe."

As her mom left the room Payton reached for both of our glasses; then handed mine to me.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I rolled over to face the wall. 

We heard the front door close. The house was silent.

I felt Payton's hand land on my stomach. Gosh did it give me butterflies. "Payton, stop, please." Tears were starting to form in my eyes, this couldn't happen.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing." I still didn't look at her.

Pulling at waist I just wanted to look at her, but I didn't want her to see me with tears in my eyes."

"Please look at me." Her head had found my shoulder again. She started to lightly kiss my neck.

With a quick turn I moved my head onto her stomach and just laid there. Her arm moved around to cover my back, and her hand moved slowly up and down a portion of my back. Her hand stopped; our breaths matched each other. I moved my head farther into her chest. Why did I want this so bad?

'Here," Payton handed me her phone. "Tell my mom what you want." I was still laying on her stomach, but she made a motion to get up so I raised my head.

As she walked out of the room I noticed how her black sweats fit tightly around her thighs, but loosened toward her ankles. It was cute. Her graphic tee was a nice, deep, dark blue almost like the color of her bedroom walls. It was so cute to see her in her natural state, rolling out of bed not even fazed by the night. I wanted more of the night to happen again. It made me happy thinking that she wanted me, but I guess the sun would show our friendship while the moon showed what we wanted.

"Why are you staring at the door?"

I hadn't realized that Payton had reentered the room, and it startled me.

"Hope please tell me what's wrong. You're all off and distant and I don't know how I'm supposed to help."

"You don't." My answer was quiet again.

"Please let me help." She had moved closer to me, and I leaned into her chest. "No, stop trying to act cute. Hope tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong. I promise. I just know we can't have this."

"We can have whatever we want while no one else is around. We can't get in trouble, or we can't have any of this." She pulled me down with her, and hit the on button on the remote. I looked up at her and kissed her nose. She smiled. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

We watched season 3 episode 26 of Grey's Anatomy My favorite episode. As we waited for her mom to return home with our breakfast. My eyes traveled along Payton's body trying to take in everything. Maybe one day this will be mine and I can kiss it whenever I want. The difference between us was sad but funny. Her black and blue clashed with my purple shirt and black leggings. We were on different ends of the spectrum, but I guess that would just make it better if we ever got together. Opposites attract, right?

We watched TV until we heard the car door lock. Our bodies came apart in a split second, and we both moved apart.

"Breakfast!" Her mom called to us.