7

Ethan's POV:

Today I woke up early regardless of how late I was last night. I had to stop at the cafe to get some coffee first.

I had two coffee cups in hand as I made my way into the big building. Both with cream and sugar.

I've told myself that I wasn't gonna sit back and stare anymore. I was gonna make some moves. Yes, she has a boyfriend but he isn't gonna kill me over coffee. And with the way it seems he doesn't care about her much anyway.

I click the button on the elevator and I'm hoping she comes. She usually comes around this time.

I don't hear any heels clicking and she's nowhere to be seen. Of course this would happen to me. "Hold the door!" Someone hell's causing me to jump out of my thoughts.

I stick my foot in between the doors causing them to fly back open. And there she was. Wearing flats today for a change.

She smiles at me thankfully. "Here. I know you were up late last night." I say handing the coffee to her. Her eyes light up. She's probably not used to men buying her things.

"Oh my gosh. You're a life saver. I'll pay you back tomorrow." She says frantically.

"Don't worry about it. It's not a problem." She smiles and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

Her blonde hair is wavy today. Usually it's curly or straight.

"I woke up late if you couldn't tell." She chuckles. "I couldn't." I say truthfully. "Really? Brad said I looked like a train wreck." She says looking down at the fresh coffee I had just given her.

"He's nuts." I laugh. She laughs along with me because she thinks I'm kidding but I'm not.

He must be absolutely delusional to treat a girl like her the way he does. I'd love to meet him some day just to talk some sense into him.

"I'll talk to you later." She waves with her free hand. I smile as she steps off the elevator.

Maybe she considers me a friend now. God, let's hope she does.