5

I still don't even know this girls name. I'm half tempted to ask Angela about it but that'd definitely be a little weird.

Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of her name tag one day. Or maybe I'll hear someone say it. Or maybe she'll tell me herself.

Who am I kidding she won't talk to me. She probably thinks I'm weird since she caught me staring at her in the copying room a couple of days ago.

"Hey do you mind going to get coffee? I could use some." Angela said from my doorway. I send her a small smile. "Sure." I stand up from my desk and make my way to her fixing my tie.

"Here get yourself some too." She says handing me a 10 dollar bill. "Thanks." I mutter taking it from her.

"You better hurry because I'm dying for a coffee." She chuckles. I laugh along with her and make my way to the elevator.

I'm half tempted to stop on that girl's floor again but I shake the idea away and head straight for the first floor.

I walk straight through the front doors and I'm hit with a big gust of wind. Here I am thinking about that jacket again.

I finally make it to my car and jump in. I crank up the heat and blow into my hands trying to warm them up.

I pull out of the parking lot and head to the same cafe as I always do.

This is why I say my life gets old. I'm doing the same things over and over again. And not to mention it's shitty things like making copies and running for coffee all the time.

I make it to the coffee shop and I hurry out of my car and inside trying  not to freeze to death.

"Hello." I different girl greets me this time. I flash her a smile and head straight towards the counter. I know exactly what I'm getting.

"I need two coffees with cream and sugar." I say with a shy smile. She taps a few buttons and gives the usually price.

I give her my 10 and she gives me my change.

I sit and wait for the coffee but it's not long. "Thank you." I mutter taking them from her hands and making my way out the door.

Once again I hurry through the frigid wind and swing my car door open. I sit the coffee in my cup holder and turn my car on.

I hurry to work in hopes that there isn't more paper stacked on my desk.

As I make it back I let out a sigh as I step into the warm building.

I make my way to the elevator and press the button patiently waiting for it.

Right as it swings open I hear clicking coming from a few feet down the hallway. I don't even bother looking and step in.

Then she walks in and my chest immediately tightens.

"You must be tired." She says and I give her a blank look because I'm not sure of what she means. She points to the coffee with a giggle.

"Oh uh ones for a friend." I stammer. She nods and takes a sip of her own.

On the side of the cup is says the exact same as mine. Cream and sugar.

"I'm Katie by the way." She smiles. Katie. Katie Katie Katie. I repeat the name in my head and a small smile forms on my face.

"I'm Ethan." She nods. "I like that." She grins. My heart rate speeds up. She likes my name. We're getting somewhere right?

"So are you knew?" I blurt. "I just have never seen you until recently." I add trying to explain my sudden outburst.

"Oh uh yeah. This is just my internship for college." She says talking with her hands a bit which I think is cute.

"What about you?" She ask turning to me. "Oh I've been here for about a year. I came here a little after college." I answer simply.

"If you don't mind me asking how old are you?" I ask realizing that she just said she was still in college. "Oh I'm 22." She giggles. "I'm 24." I say trying to make her feel better for answering such a personal question.

"Well I'll see you around." She says as the elevator opens up to her floor. "Uh yeah yeah you will." I stutter.

The elevator doors close and I let out a huge breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.

All I can think about now is how weird she must think I am.

——————————
AN:

So I was thinking about doing the next chapter in Katie's POV but idk.

But you guys should check out my other book, reputation also ;)