First Night

Solomon's Purgatory:

Summary: Ciel starts attending Weston College, an old fashioned all-boys boarding school at the whim of his father. On his first night, his roommate is found dying in the snow. It's up to Ciel to decipher the clues and investigate the secret society that appears to be behind the recent mysterious events at the school. CielxSebastian.

***

Chapter 1:

Ciel exhaled irritably and was even more disheartened to see how visible the vapour was. Not only was he starting school at a snobby all-boys boarding school, it was coldest winter for decades. It had been snowing on and off all day and the school was surrounded by snow several inches deep. The school was also in the middle of nowhere and was hard to get into.

He shot a dark look at his father who was warm and cosy in the car. Ciel had been sent out the car to open the gates so they could then drive another half a mile to actually get to the school. Fortunately, he didn't have to wait long to get in contact with the receptionist who opened the gates remotely. That would be his only stroke of good luck of that day.

He knocked the snow off his shoes before getting back into the car. Pulling out of the school he had been attending before was not his decision. His father had turned up the day before and told him that Weston College had a vacancy for someone his age and he was going to fill it before some other son of an aristocrat got in. It was an understatement to say that Ciel was annoyed with his father.

Weston College had a reputation for being a very strange boarding school that was still in the Victorian era from its buildings to its values. Ciel himself had attended a private school until yesterday that he had no issues with. The original intention had been for him to attend from Weston College from the start; an untimely skiing accident in France during the Christmas holidays five years ago had caused him to miss to admission interviews.

Vincent Phantomhive chose the half mile drive from the front gates to the actual school to impart some fatherly wisdom and advice. Or rather Phantomhive style advice.

"Weston College don't officially allow fagging anymore. They won't say anything if you actually manage to persuade some lower school boy to clean your room for you though."

Being raised on a range of British literature meant that Ciel actually knew what fagging meant. He was glad that it was not a practise anymore although he was going to be one of the older students so it would have benefited him.

"Did you have a fag?" he asked curiously.

He could picture a teenage version of his father ordering a younger boy to polish his shoes very well.

His father smirked in a somewhat vampiric manner.

"Of course I did. Do you remember Diedrich? That's how we met."

Ciel frowned. Diedrich was a rather large German man that did his father's European based unscrupulous business for him and he didn't carry it out happily.

"...It sounds like you made him your fag for life," he replied.

Vincent practically beamed at him before turning back to his usual stern self.

"I did. You should get one as well. They're really useful."

The conversation was put on hold when the actual school came into view. The photos in the school prospectus hadn't quite done the gothic architecture justice. Unlike other schools that had added onto their original buildings with modern architecture, this school was completely Victorian with statues, turrets and a clock tower. The roof, spires and turrets were blanketed with a thick layer of snow.