"Hey, Shikamaru do you know who this beautiful lady is?"

"Naruto she's my older sister Shizuka!"

"Really?" Naruto asked inspecting both my brother and I closely squinting his eyes to see the resemblance. "I don't see it."

-

     Soon after deciding for himself that Shikamaru and I weren't related he ran off inside the Academy of course after his short Hokage speech. 'Cute... he's just like his parents.'

"Okay Shikamaru you should go inside now," I stated while placing a hand on his shoulder. "Remember to try your best I know you will be fine."

"Thanks, Shizuka," he responded smiling. "Choji is here I'll see you later bye," he added making his way towards his friend.

Watching him as he walked with Choji towards the door of the Academy I couldn't stop but remember the day I passed the graduation exam. I was so happy and excited on that day that the night before I barely got any sleep. Back then I was ready to give up my life for the village, I was ready to face any danger without hesitation. Back then when I first joined the ANBU I was a risk-taker, loving what I did as I saw it as an honor. Don't get me wrong I will still risk my life in order to protect the village especially the next generation but I am not sure if the ANBU is the right place for me in this time in my life. I believe now that in order to protect the village and prevent war we need to start from inside the walls of the village instead of across the borders. The next generations from all nations need to be lead in the right way and then and only then will the battles be stopped. 'I think I need to talk to the Hokage...'

------

Deciding that maybe I should think of the situation more before making such a hasty decision I began walking around the village in order to clear my head. Let's just say it wasn't working everything was still in the back of my mind. Coming up towards a bench I quickly sat down letting out a sigh. 'What should I do! Please, someone, give me a sign!'

"You seem to be quite upset this morning..." a calm voice commented being heard over my head. This voice sounded a bit... familiar?

Quickly turning my head back I spotted none other than the silver-haired jounin reading an 'Itcha Itcha' book on top of a tree. 'Kill me now...'

"Kakashi what are you doing here?"

"No, I should be asking you that question. This is the quietest spot in the whole village so naturally, this is my reading spot, but you knew that already didn't you?" he disclosed while putting away his book.

"Oh sorry I'll go so you can finish reading the... book," I apologized as I quietly started to get up from my spot. He's right I did know this was his spot so why did I come here?

"No it's fine, you seem to be very distressed. Does Konoha's troublesome Shinobi already having trouble at home?"

"Kakashi no not that nickname! It took me forever to get people to forget about those times," I exclaimed looking around making sure no one heard of that dreaded nickname." And no it's not that it's just that... well coming home has made me question some things that's all," I confessed sitting back down followed by Kakashi. 'Maybe he can help me decide what I should do.'

"Well, what are you having second thoughts on?"

"My involvement in the ANBU-and please don't tell me 'I told you so' believe me I'm scolding myself enough already," I quickly added seeing the look on his face... well eye.

"Oh please Shizuka I thought you knew me better than that," he said with an 'offended' voice.

"You're right my bad," I played along rolling my eyes.

"Okay in all seriousness are you trying to say that you don't want to be in the ANBU anymore?" he asked in which I responded with a small hesitant nod. "Why?"

Staying quiet I remembered my earlier thoughts trying to summarize it all in a few sentences. "... I joined the ANBU in order to protect the village from any danger, but I am realizing now that there will always be a danger because we aren't really taking care of the problem from the source. The problems of all nations don't start at the borders of the village where the danger lies 'behind' it. The danger starts inside the village walls where the people are getting influenced. I want to help from the source."

"Does that mean..." Kakashi slowly spoke already knowing what I was gonna say next.

"Yes, I want to be a sensei."

~~~~
Yes, I know cliche how Shizuka knows Naruto's parents but it only makes sense since she was friends with Kakashi. Trust I'm trying to makes it less cliche with the fact that she doesn't have a clue that the nine tails in inside Naruto! I'm excited to see how that will play out.
Ones again thank you for reading my story. Let me know if there is anything that I can fix it clear up I'm open to any criticism.