18

"Dear Diary,

I have lost my mind.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

A little groan was let out when Roselle stretched, opening an eye to see it was in fact morning. The raven haired girl rubbed her eyes, looking to her side to look at the time. It would have been like any morning, but it wasn't.

It wasn't because an arm wrapped around her secured her from leaving her bed.

Roselle turned towards the other side, panicking to know who it was until she saw the familiar strands of black hair and the serpent tattoo on the person's neck. "Shit." Roselle mumbled, rubbing her head.

Roselle Lilly Parker had just slept with a Serpent.

"Well good morning to you too." Sweet Pea mumbled, moving his arm away from Roselle to rub his eyes. Roselle carefully watched his movements, not believing he was right there, sleeping with her on the bed. "I see you have regretted last night already."

"No, no, no, it's not like that." Roselle told him, shaking her head even though it was sort of a lie. "I just, everything happened so fast that I thought I dreamt it. I mean, I just forgave you and here we are."

"Yeah you're right, last night was like a dream." Sweet Pea wiggled his eyebrows, making Roselle slap in the arm, causing him to groan.

"I'm being serious, Sweet Pea." Roselle shook her head, thinking about how Reggie would feel about her sleeping with the supposedly enemy. "This isn't right. We shouldn't have done what we done. It was too early."

Sweet Pea sat up from his bed, looking at Roselle. He slowly examined her, realising she was serious yet scared at the same time. He had the same feeling though, the feeling of being scared that he actually enjoyed last night more than he should, more than he's ever had with anyone.

"You're right." Sweet Pea nodded, looking at the window before looking back at the raven haired beauty he was so lucky to spend time with last night. "We should move slowly, be friends and hang out."

"Be friends." Roselle repeated, smiling at Sweet Pea who was smiling back at her. Though the smile that Roselle gave to Sweet Pea was a different smile to what Sweet Pea gave her.

Because Sweet Pea's smile was forced.

"Well you have a suspicious glow." Kevin narrowed his eyes at Roselle while he was preparing food for himself in the student lounge alone. His lips dropped into a smirk when he had a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Looks sorta like a 'just been laid' glow."

"No, it's called highlighter." Roselle shot back, yet her voice slightly wavered and did not sound as confident as she hoped it would be.

Kevin furrowed his eyebrows as he went and sat down with Roselle on the couch, a cup of noodles in his hands. "Wait a minute. I know that look."

"What look?" Roselle rolled her eyes, while pushing her hair back. She didn't have time to actually 'wake up', her mind still clouded with thoughts and deep resentment.