Chapter 2: Jeon Jungkook

Start from the beginning

After the discussion with the doctor, manager-nim walk out of the office and report to us about Jungkook. But before he could speak up. His face seem abit sad. I don't think we'll be getting a good news. Manager-nim clear his throat. "I...I don't know what to say exactly". He slightly touches the back of his neck. Then Yoongi hyung snap. "Just tell us what happen to Jungkook-ssi!".

All of us startle by Yoongi hyung sudden madness (except for Namjoon hyung who still look at our manager-nim seriously). "I...Jungkook...", he hesitate to tell us what happen until Hobi hyung demand an answer right here, right now.

"Jeon Jungkook has a slight of a memory lost. Call it as an amnesia. But as it may sound like that, he somehow was being overwhelm by the world causing him to scared himself"

We couldn't understand what he was trying to tell us. What overwhelm? What scared himself? "What are you trying to say manager-nim?", Jin hyung ask furrowing his eyebrow even more than before. Manager-nim look nervously at him and land his eyes on the floor. "I'm saying that...the cause of his so called 'amnesia' is because he is in distress".

"Distress? Distress from what?", Jimin confusingly ask. All eye are on our manager-nim. Even I desperate to get the answer out of him. "He...Jungkook scared of something that even the doctor didn't know what. But the thing is that it's made Jungkook wants to forget some of the memory. The memory that he is trying to get rid of. Let just say...he was trying very hard to erase the scene to the point that he haven't ate anything for several days and ending up hurting himself or being hurt".

The color of our face starts to drain. "What do you mean by Jungkook hurting himself?", Namjoon hyung stare at manager-nim. "I...I didn't know the detail much but somehow the doctor found a few burn mark on his back and on his left arm. Three still fresh from yesterday and the other maybe from the previous days...or week. Most of it are likely not from himself but stranger if I could add. Purple spots and cuts are visible on his upper abdoment and on his back. Some of it was made by himself it seems...coz it still fresh and he hasn't been going anywhere for the whole day except staying in the dorm".

I gulp. My trout feel dry and my eyes start to leak again. After manager-nim explain the situation Jungkook going through, Jin ask him if we could see our maknae. He nod and we rush inside when our manager tell us to slow down. Then there he is, our maknae lying down peacefully on the uncomfortable hospital matress with wires on both his hand and oxygen mask to keep him breathing. We each examine the maknae form. He seems so lifeless but his chest still showing that he is alive. How come we didn't notice our maknae harm himself? What worst is that he was being hurt by other person which name are unknown to us. What we know was when Jungkook came home alone, he always smile and laugh whenever we tell jokes to each other. How can we tell if he was being hurt/ hurting himself? The right question is how in the world that Jungkook can still be smiling and laughing while he was in pain?! Why does he show he's in pain now and not back then? There are just too many question in my mind that I wants to know the answer.

"Something not right...". All of us turn to face Namjoon hyung. "What?", I ask. "We know that Jungkook somehow hurt himself and other may also hurt him. Then again...how come he can't move?". I stare at Namjoon hyung, trying to process what he's saying. Jungkook can't move? What does he mean by.... "Joonie's right. How come Jungkookie paralized? How did he get it then?", Hobi hyung turn to face manager-nim who stand not so far from the door. Then all eyes drop at him, demanding an answer again. Only this time, Namjoon hyung dash towards manager-nim and grab him by the collar, making manager-nim choke. "RM", Jin hyung tries to pull Namjoon hyung from choking the life out of the manager-nim. "What's more than that?", Namjoon hyung give the elder man a deathly glare. "Namjoon-ssi", Jin hyung still try to untanggle Namjoon hyung's hand from the manager and Hobi hyung help him this time.

"What are you trying to hide from us?!", Namjoon shout, scaring jimin and me as we hide in fear behind Yoongi hyung for protection. "He's right manager-nim, what are you trying to hide about Jungkook?", Yoongi hyung may sound like he doesn't care but his words means everything. His eyes dart at the manager-nim like he is sucking his life remaining. Manager-nim look at both deathly glares that has been given to him and sigh in defeat. "Jeon Jungkook...may have broken a few of his bone. So he gets detention from dancing for a month. From the looks of it, it was from his previous dance practice that he went when you lot went to sleep. He practise way to hard that he end up making mistakes and slip while doing back flips and falls on the floors".

"How come you know?", Jin hyung drop his hands from Namjoon hyung's arms. "He...told me not to tell anyone. He said he didn't want to make his hyungs worried. So he just told it off to me. Anymore from that...", manager-nim shake his head. "I didn't know. He kept it to himself ".