Akashi x Reader: Giving Up [Part 3]

Akashi watched his son practice his piece on the grand piano in the main ballroom of the house. His hands shook slightly out of nervousness. The redhead leaned against the doorway, silently listening to the tune.

"Sounds like something is missing," Akashi noted as he listened to the tune of the song. "A duet piece, Shiro?"

Immediately, Shiro blushed. "Y-Yes..."

"With...?" Akashi raised a brow. He crossed his arms, waiting for his son to answer. Shiro twiddled his thumbs as he looked down at the floor. Akashi smiled at his son's flustered expression, awaiting the boy's answer.

"A girl I like..." Shiro whips his head back to his sheet music, avoiding his father's gaze. "I want to impress her at the recital."

"Of course you will," Akashi smirks, "You are my son. You will not fail in winning her heart. She will fall for you in no time." At that moment, you flashed in his mind, but he shook his head. He couldn't be thinking about you if it's been 10 years after the last time you met. He has a kid now, you shouldn't matter in his life anymore.

Shiro's eyes lit up in excitement. "You think so, father?!"

"My words are absolute," Akashi messes up Shiro's similar red hair. Shiro slides down the chair, allowing Akashi to sit beside him. The two begin playing the piece together, practicing for the rest of the night.

Time Skip

Akashi and (Woman's Name) sat in the audience, hand in hand. The curtains opened, and a Shiro walked out beside a small girl with her hair in cute pigtails. Akashi could see the nervousness flooding Shiro's eyes, but with a silent nod from his father Shiro let out a breath of relief. If his father believed in him, then he had to succeed. The two children sat side by side, opening their sheet music.

They began their piece, and a beautiful melody filled the room. The little duo was perfectly in sync, every note played was wonderfully harmonized with each other. Shiro glanced over at his partner for a second, and he could see her beauty emanating from her. Her eyes were closed as she played; she had been practicing with her mother. The beautiful symphony traveled across the room until the last note was played.

The crowd burst into applause, cheering for the two little prodigies. The girl grabbed Shiro's hand and pulled him into a bow, causing the little red head to blush deeply. The curtain closed as the two bowed low, ending the recital.

Akashi waited outside with his wife for Shiro to emerge from backstage. The little red head sprinted out in a frenzy. "Daddy! The flowers!!" Shiro shouted, motioning for Akashi to hand them to him.

Akashi gave his son a small bouquet of (Flowers); he remembered those flowers were how he won the love of his life. The one who got away.

Akashi watched as Shiro ran in the direction towards his recital partner. The little boy was frantically pushing past other adults to get to the girl on the other side of the room. She was with someone, who knelt beside her, listening to the girl talk excitedly with a bubbly expression. The woman laughed, hugging the girl.

And Akashi's heart stopped.

He knew that laugh, that (H/C) hair, that remarkable smile.

It was you. (L/N) (F/N).

He left his wife as she spoke to other women who she was acquainted with. In a similar matter to his son's, Akashi found himself frantically pushing past people to get to you. It was as if he were in a daze, like an aura that emitted from you was magnetic.

You smiled at Shiro as he gave (Daughter's Name) the bouquet. You looked at the sheer joy on your daughter's face, seeing that the boy she has liked this whole time liked her back. It was funny, since the little boy resembled someone you knew in the past. Then, you felt a familiar presence near you. You turned, shock rushing to your face.

You stood up and walked over to Akashi.

"Akashi," you called him by his last name, "What are you doing here?"

Akashi looked at your beautiful figure. You were stunning in your elegant (Color) dress, perfectly shaping your body. He was trapped in awe, as if he couldn't breathe. He choked on his own state of shock. "How long has it been since I last saw you?"

You smiled remorsefully. "Since the day you got married."

Silence flooded the conversation. The two little ones ran off to go play, leaving the two of you to speak alone. Akashi stepped towards you.

"(F/N), I haven't stopped thinking about you since that day," he grabbed your hand. "You are all I have ever wanted."

You tore your hand away. "Stop this, Seijuro!" You looked at him as if scolding a fool. "You can't keep doing this. Ever since the day you chose her, you have done nothing but play with my emotions. You gave up on me, and now all you do is fill me with false hope," you sighed, placing a hand on his cheek in an attempt to get your words through his brain. "We got married to different people. We both have kids, Sei. We live different lives. (Daughter's Name) is my life now. We can't turn back time."

You dropped your hand, giving him that same sad smile you gave him on his wedding day.

"(F/N)..."

You stopped him. "I'm sorry, Seijuro. You gave up a long time ago, and I decided to give up, too. We were young, and we were dumb. We were meant to live separate lives."

"If only time would go back to that moment, I would be able to hold you and kiss you like I used to."

"But it won't, and you can't," you sighed, caressing his hand as you shook it slightly. You gave a sad smile, a light slowly fading. "Goodbye, Seijuro."

And for the second time, you disappeared from Akashi Seijuro's life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently you guys like this angst lol

I've been in such a sad mood lately, so I'll probably be writing in this book frequently.

Hope you enjoyed this angst !

Thank you minna !!