Kuroko x Reader: See You Again

He couldn't comprehend it.

It all happened in a flash.

That car... it was out of control. And you... you pushed him out of its path.

When he turned, you weren't shocked or mad or scared. You smiled. He was safe, that's all that mattered. "Don't forget me," you worded with your lips.

The impact between you and the car was almost in slow motion to him. He could've sworn the flying shards of glass froze in mid-air when it all happened.

He sat on the ground, his body furiously shaking.

He realizes what's happened once he sees your motionless body. He crawls to you, shaking your shoulders. Your eyes are cold, and blood is sliding down your head. He looks around, his stoic face, now completely filled with anguish. "Someone!" he tried to yell, choking back the tears. "Please! Help!"

~~~

The ambulance loads you in with Kuroko in tow. He holds your hand, the warmth slowly fading away. "Hang in there (F/N)," he kisses your hand. "Please, hang in there."

~~~

You sit in the hospital bed, barely breathing. Kuroko hasn't left your side since the accident. Your body is in bad condition. Half of your ribs are shattered, your foot is broken, and your whole body is littered with bruises. Your face and arm are covered in cuts from the glass that penetrated your skin.

Everyone has come to visit you. But they were mostly worried about Kuroko. No one has ever seen Kuroko this torn up. The Generation of Miracles tried to get him to reenergize himself, but he refused to leave your side.

"Mr. Kuroko?" The doctor peeks over his shoulder. Kuroko's broken mask turned to the doctor. With a stoic face, he followed the doctor outside. "Mr. Kuroko... Miss (L/N) is not recovering, and... I'm afraid to say..."

"Yes?" Kuroko held his breath. He choked back the confused tears behind his eyes.

"She's in bad condition, sir. My fellow colleagues believe she won't make it."

It was like someone ripped out his heart. "O-Oh, I see."

"We estimate three days, sir. Please spend as much time as you'd like. Overnight options are also available."

"Thank you."

He walked back in to see your crippled body. Three days, he thought. That isn't long enough to say goodbye.

~~~

It's been two days since then. You haven't moved a bit. Everyday, your heart monitor went slower and slower. He knew you were dying.

How could he say goodbye? You were the one he wanted to marry. The one to bear his children. The one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Why? Why did it have to be you that died?

"It should've been me," he muttered, tears falling on your porcelain skin.

He held your hand and cried. His sobs were quiet. But he felt something cold on top of his head. Your hand.

You blinked. "I'm glad... you... are okay," your voice was croaky.

"(F/N)!" he smiled. He wiped away his tears and kissed your forehead.

"Thank goodness," you sighed in relief. "As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."

"Why (F/N)? Why did you do it?"

"I'd rather die than watch you die."

"That's not a very good reason."

"I want you to move on, find someone better. I can't imagine a world without you, Tetsu. You are my everything. I was willing to die for you if I had to. I would have traded my life for yours quicker than a heartbeat. And now I am."

"W-Wait, (F/N)," his voice shook. He squeezed your hand. "Please, don't die."

You smiled and caressed his cheek. "Don't forget me," you repeated. Kuroko looked bewildered as he tried to contain his desperation.

"(F/N), please! You can stay, you have to! I need you," he pleaded, hugging you. You were torn. Of course you wanted to stay, but you knew you couldn't. It was your time to go.

You kissed his cheek. "See you again, Tetsu. I hope you'll fall in love with me again, and that you'll see that I will always love you for eternity."

Your eyes slowly closed, and your grip loosened. He let go of you and saw your peaceful resting expression. He kissed your pale lips, drained of blood, and stood up.

"I will never stop loving you, (F/N)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

doesn't sound like kuroko, does it? eh, i thought i would get in with his inner emotion side. you know, the kind that comes out out of desperation.

thanks for your requests ! i'll get working !

thanks minna !