Kagami x Reader: Mistake

He was here, and you knew it. You came to the party to start fresh, and get your mind off of him. But he's standing right in front of you, smiling and chatting with others.

"Hey guys! The movie's going to start soon!" Izuki shouts around, setting up the projector. The big white sheet being used as the screen is tightly stretched out before you. The night was cool, crisp almost. The stars greeted you, their beauty high above you. You look at the set up of chairs, picnic-style blankets lying out, and the multiple pillows. "Oh! By the way, this movie is pretty scary! We're watching The Conjuring!"

You silently cursed to yourself and looked over at your friend (B/F/N). The two of you loved horror movies, but you were deathly afraid of watching them.

You sat on one of the blankets, hugging one of the pillows. This wasn't going to end well for you.

~~~

You were practically shaking, screaming at every jumpscare (I know there aren't that many in the movie but imagine the fear).

Suddenly, you felt a blanket wrapping around you. It was warm and soft, you felt comfortable.

Another jumpscare popped up, and you quickly latched onto the person's arm, burying your face in their chest.

You looked up after the scene had changed, and you saw you had used Kagami as a protector. You had used your ex as a protector.

"K-Kagami!" You blushed in embarrassment. "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to do that!"

"N-No... It's fine, (F/N)," he sat on the ground next to you. "I know you're scared, it's alright."

"Then... do you mind if we... we stay like this?" He had an arm wrapped around you securely, while you held his hand. You knew this was a disaster waiting to happen.

"Sure," he answered, bringing you closer.

It was hard to lie about not caring about him. You were still in love with him, but he had fallen out of love. He is free to do what he pleases, however not with you. You are his past, and nothing more. You refuse to accept that, numerous times. But you are fully aware of the consequences of being at the mercy of love and heartbreak. You were just waiting to be let down if you continued to love him.

For the remainder of the movie the two of you watched it like that. Everyone's eyes were on you, as if you were the movie. You felt their gaze through your back. You stood up abruptly.

"(F/N)?"

"I'm sorry, Kagami, this was a mistake."

You walked out of Izuki's backyard towards the street, preparing to walk home. "(F/N)! Wait!" Kagami shouted at your retreating back.

You knew it was utterly wrong to do what you had just done. Why would you go back to the arms of the one who you wanted to forget? How were you supposed to forget if you're in his arms?

His hand grabbed your wrist. "(F/N)! Please wait!"

You chuckled, leaving the red head in surprise. "It's been six months since you've last said that."

"What?"

"We broke up, because you wanted to focus on basketball. You told me to wait. And I did," you felt hot tears rushing down your cheeks. "I f***ing did, Taiga. And now look, after waiting six whole god damn months look where we are! I can't wait any longer, Taiga. I will no longer wait."

"(F-F/N)... I-"

"You used an excuse to dump me for (G/N)! I saw it all! I was such a fool."

"(G/N) pushed herself onto me and I pushed her away! There is nothing going on between me and her!"

"How can I believe you? You can't prove it!"

He leaned towards you, embracing you. He tilted your chin, closing his eyes. But you pushed him away. He looked at you quizzically, as more tears streamed down. "That won't work anymore, Taiga. Your kisses are dead to me. They mean nothing."

You ran as fast as you could, leaving the basketball player in the dust. You had run out of breath and strolled a bit.

You pulled up your jacket, but you looked and saw you were still wearing the blanket Kagami had wrapped around you.

A blanket with a photo of you and him pinned to the corner.