epilouge ➳ real life

"So, Dylan. First of all, I love you so damn much. Okay so here it goes. We saw that video of you playing 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift with Shelley singing. Mind giving us a live show?" one of the 'fans' said. Just as planned.

I peek over and glance at Dylan's reaction. He was blushing. "I love you too. And, really?" this time he was looking at Crystal, "You posted that?" Crystal shrugs and Dylan shook his head. "Should I really?"

The fans went wild. The were screaming inaudible things, presumably persuading him to play.

"Okay, fine." he stands up and takes a guitar that is handed to him by a staff.

He starts strumming the intro and such. When it was about to start, I walk out from the backstage and joined the cast on the stage. The rest of them noticed me but stayed quiet about it while Dylan was too busy with playing the guitar to notice. I take it as Shelley got the idea of the plan so she handed me her microphone.

"We were both young when I first saw you. I closed my eyes and the flashbacks start, I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air." I started as I quietly approached Dylan.

"See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns. See you make your wake through the crowd and say 'hello', little did I know..." I sang, This time, I was standing next to Dylan. He looks at me, accidentally stopped strumming for a second but quickly recovers himself.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles and my daddy said 'stay away from Juliet' and I was crying on the staircase, begging you please don't go..." I was sat beside him this time, facing him as he strums the guitar strings, occasionally stealing glances.

"And I said, 'Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting. All there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess it's a love story, baby just say yes.."

...

Dylan's strumming became slower, "I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around. My faith in you was fading, when I met you in the outskirts of town and I said, "Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone. I've keep waiting for you but you never come." Is this in my head I don't know what to think. He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said," All of a sudden Dylan stops strumming but a melody starts playing in the background. He got up and went in front of me. Looking nervous as ever, he knelt to the ground. I stopped singing at this point.

"Marry me, Juliet. You'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story, baby just say yes..." This time he was holding out a ring... this was planned all along.

"Taylor, I'm not proposing to you, yet. We aren't in a relationship right now. And that's what I'm trying to change. Ugh, I suck at these kind of stuff but here we go. I've known you for 2 years and those were the most amazing years of my life. You made me happy and I know I made you happy too. I made you promise to wait for me, if you don't remember, you promised. You kept your promise and I couldn't be happier. So, miss Taylor, would you accept this promise ring and promise to be my girlfriend until I ask you to be my wife?" His eyes were wet from tears. I couldn't process any words.

Through all these years I've been denying my feelings for Dylan. I've been so oblivious from the feelings I didn't want to admit it to myself. But this time, this moment. I knew for a fact that I loved him.

"Dylan O'brien. I love you and everything about you. The way that you make jokes all of a sudden. The way that you're eyes shut whenever you're laughing way too hard and the way you get annoyed whenever we play with your hair. I love those things about you and will continue loving those and more. Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend."