My Beauty

It was a typical day for most common folk in Villeneuve. Though, you could not sing the same song. You and Gaston were to be wed in a few days time and to say that you were on edge was a complete and total understatement. You only wished one thing to go right and to catch some rest. You haven't been sleeping well at night as the wedding slowly crept up on you. Make no mistake, you could not wait to be married to Gaston, it's just the stress of the preparations. This wedding was a pretty big deal. Not enough for your second cousin, the Prince when he married his one true love, Belle, but it was a big enough to have a celebration banquet afterwards where the town would be celebrating along with you.

You were very sure that Gaston had no idea of all the stress you have been fighting off for quite some time. You were too naive to see that he was catching on. Lefou, Gaston's oldest friend was to be his best man. And out of the blue earlier that morning, Gaston wondered aloud to him at breakfast, stating his concern over you. How tired you would always appear, etc. Gaston requests Lefou to check in on you and talk to you, to make sure you are alright, for his peace of mind. As Gaston also had wedding preparations to attend to.

Lefou promised Gaston he would do it, but he felt a little uncomfortable about it. Lefou was going to be on your side of town anyway, so he would pop in if you were not too busy. You were enjoying your morning tea, in the sun room when the footman announced Lefou. You were a little stifled at his surprise at his visit. "He may come in, thank you." You stood up and gave him a hug and offered him a cup of tea. "Oh that sounds lovely but I am afraid I cannot stay long, Y/n." Lefou said, politely declining. "That's fine. You are dismissed." You said, peering over at the direction of the footman. He simply nodded his head, and shut the door behind him.

"How have you been doing?" Lefou licked his lips, almost nervously. "Between you and me I have not been holding up well at all. I had no idea how much work went into a wedding. I can't wait to be married to Gaston but I can't wait for all this to be over so I can be in the arm's of my lover." You admitted, and following with a short sigh. "I'm sorry to hear that. Truly I am." Lefou nodded his head. "I appreciate your concern, Lefou but what is the real reason why you are here?" You smirked, raising a brow. "Oh I was heading up this way anyway I decided to pop in and say hello." Lefou lied, biting the inside of his lip hoping and praying that you wouldn't see through his ruse.

"Oh how kind of you then. But you're going to have to excuse me. I have to go and get ready for the coming of my sister and her husband." You said, moving a section of hair behind your ear. "Of course. I hoped I have not overstayed my visit." Lefou apologized. "Never! You are always welcome here, Lefou! Have a good day and tell Monsieur Gaston thanks for having you check in on me to how I was doing." You smiled, as you hugged him and walked to the front door. "H-how did you know?" Lefou gulped. "I certainly hope you do not assume that I am that dumb. I will see you the both of you at dinner tonight." You smiled, waving him off.

An Hour or so later...

Your sister's carriage came around, where you and your father and mother and stood there to greet her. "It is to good to see you, my darling." Your sister smiled, as she glowing with her small bump. "I can only the same. How have you been?" You said, as you entered the home where the both of you grew from girls to young ladies. Your father and mother walked and talked with your sister's husband, Phillip. "We've been doing lovely. I am so excited for you and Gaston. Will he be joining us for dinner?" Your sister inquired to you. "Oh most certainly. And as well as his best man." Yon confirmed.

"Even better." She nodded her head, pursing her lips. "Dear sister, is there something on your mind. You know I can tell from a mile away." You whispered, leaning your head in. "It's just I wonder if you know what you are getting into. I hope you are not going too fast." Your sister looked at you, and making a face. "Why would say such a thing?" You muttered defensively under your breath. "You know I'm right, Y/N. I think you forget that Gaston and I were supposed to wed. I know him better than anyone else." Agnes argued. "But then you found Phillip. And you never answered my original question." You squinted your eyes.

"What are we talking about, girls?" Your mother intervened into the conversation. "Oh nothing we're just catching up." Agnes answered, returning with a dirty look for you. "That's so good to hear, and I am sure you are famished. Come let's get to lunch." Your mother encouraged. You were not sure what had gotten into Agnes, and as much as you hated to admit it. You were letting it affect you.

Later that evening...

You could not get Agnes' cruel words out of your head. The whole event replayed in your head, and was not washed away at the sight of Gaston and welcoming you into his embrace for a short hug. You were so very glad to have him there for dinner that night, because the day after tomorrow evening it will just be him and you on your honeymoon. And Gaston could tell there was something weighing heavily on your mind.

After, dinner and when you and your family moved into the drawing room that was when Gaston took his chance to get a moment with you alone. "My love, what on earth is wrong with you?" Gaston pressed his lips together. "Nothing is the matter with me." You shook your head. "Y/N I wish you would tell me whatever is bothering you." Gaston rubbed your hand with his thumb. You swallowed and refused to meet his eyes. "I won't force you at knife point whatever it is..." Gaston begun when you abruptly spoke up.

"M-my sister reminded me today how you and her were supposed to be wed and all of this. And I didn't want you knowing this but getting ready for this wedding has been physically and mentally draining." You bit the bottom of your lip. Gaston sighed and then told you this:

"Oh my sweet Y/N, darling you are so blind. Even though you can see so perfectly. You are the only woman for this man. You simply just don't compare, especially to your sister. Plus, she seems to have found a more suitable match. And so what if someone says anything. All that should matter is that you and I are together." Gaston proclaimed, kissing your hand ever so tenderly. Tears brimmed your eyes but you blinked them away. "Oh Gaston you have no idea how I have longed to hear those words to from your lips. I love you so much!" You exclaimed, blushing furiously.

"I am very aware. Now kiss me before people come and start looking for us. Assuming we're up to no good." Gaston winked with a sly smirk. You rolled your eyes and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

The End!