Baker's Daughter Part Three

You turned your head in the direction where the noise was came from, and upon seeing two men riding a carriage. You stepped over to the side, and whistled to grad their attention. The man with the reins slowed his horse, and pulled up in front of you. You sighed to yourself as you recognized the man handling the reins. It was only Monsieur Gaston, but he was going to have to do. "What on earth are you doing in these woods all on your lonesome?" Gaston gaped at you, as you could sworn you heard a slight concern in the tone of his voice. "I really don't know anymore. Are you on your way to Villeneuve?" You said, offering him a small but sad smile. Lefou was perched in the back of the carriage and stared at Gaston with eager eyes.

"We are. Are you asking for a ride?" Gaston raised a brow. "I know I must be pretty desperate to be asking a ride from you but as you can see my options." You retorted with a devilish smirk. Gaston squinted his eyes at you and begrudgingly told you to hop in. "Thanks." You smiled as you plopped down beside in the front. Leou didn't want to get too excited but he was liking what he was seeing.

An awkward and strained silence hung in the air as Gaston, Lefou, and You rode back into Villeneuve. "So do you uh really want to know what I was doing in the woods?" You said, breaking the silence. Lefou was suddenly intrigued by this spark of conversation, and was very curious to see what Gaston would say in response.

"Well, get on with it then." Gaston pressed you impatiently. Without any hesitation, you roll your eyes before continuing. "I just needed to get away for a little while, but I didn't anticipate this." You said, playing with your hands avoiding eye contact with Gaston. "I figure you are grateful for my rescue then, I mean without me you may have never fond your way back before dawn breaks." Gaston shrugged suggestively, and stated very pridefully. "I don't think you know what I am capable of." You huffed under your breath.

"I am very aware of what you are capable of, Y/N. You can bake right?" Gaston scoffed, while raising a brow. "That is all I apparently do around this town. Y/N, the baker's daughter. That's my title." You sighed, shaking your head. You thought to yourself, maybe Gaston would think or look at you differently but he just proved himself. Lefou did not dare say a word, he decided that he would keep his mouth, curious to see how this would go.

You were just about to pull into the entrance of Villeneuve when Gaston stopped his horse short. "What do you think you are doing?" You exclaimed confused. "I want to tell you before we depart that I believe you should proud of your title as the baker's daughter. You work harder than most women in this town." Gaston formed a thin line with his lips. "You really think so?" You gasped, partly in shock and the other you weren't so sure about.

Lefou didn't want to get to ahead of himself, but this was a good sign. A sign in the right direction. Everything happens for a reason, as he always told. "I know so." Gaston winked at you. Everything was happening so suddenly, and perfectly. It was almost like you were seeing each other for the first time. You blushed, but turned away to conceal. "How about I buy you a drink at the tavern?" Gaston batted his eyelashes at you. "I'm sorry Gaston my heart says yes but my mind says no. I have to get back to Papa.." You didn't want to hurt Gaston's feelings, but going by the expression that overcame his warm features, it appeared that you unfortunately succeeded in doing that. 

"Oh that's fine. I understand. I guess I should tell you that you were right. You were right about dear old Belle. While I was so terribly wrong. I just thought for a split second maybe you could make things right but I guess I was wrong again." Gaston sighed, clearly frustrated. "Oh Gaston please know that I am sorry about the things I said to you early on today. That was not right of me. I hope you can forgive but could I make it up to you tomorrow evening possibly?" You scratched behind your neck, biting down on your bottom lip. Gaston cut his eyes over at you for a split second, contemplating your offer. 

After Gaston thought it over, he told you his answer. "I will be here to pick you up at seven. The bakery will be closed by then, right?" Gaston asked, nodding his head a little. "Certainly. I will see you then Monsieur Gaston. Thank you again for the ride. Bye." You leaned in and softly pecked a kiss on Gaston's cheek. Lefou's mouth flew open and covered his hand over his mouth from letting out inhuman noises. He couldn't believe the sight before. Gaston and Lefou watched you head inside, and make sure you got inside. 

"So how about that, Gaston?" Lefou grinned. 

"Yes, how about that, Lefou." Gaston sighed blissfully, enchanted by your beauty. 

The very next evening...

You paced the front of the bakery, awaiting Gaston's arrival. You felt distracted by your fantasies of this night and now that you here, you couldn't shake off your nerves. You couldn't look Belle in the eye and confess who you were spending the evening with when you explained that you needed to reschedule lessons once again. In a way, you felt a pang of guilt, but on the other hand Belle said no to Gaston. 

You did tell your father that you were going out with Monsieur Gaston, your father looked at you warily as you have been down this road with Gaston before. Your father was only concerned of this being a vicious cycle. "Things have changed between us, Papa. We were much younger than, too immature." You insisted faithfully. Just as you sit down on the stools, was when a pounding knock rocked the door. 

You jumped to your feet and scurried over to the door, but gathered yourself together before actually answering the door. Standing tall in the doorway, with a boutique of flowers was Gaston. "Hello, Gaston." You chirped, giving him a hug, and thanking him for the flowers. You told him you would put these on a vase full of water at the table and added for him to come inside. You also happily introduced Papa to Gaston. 

"It is pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance, good sir." Gaston offered your Papa his hand to shake. Papa reluctantly shook his hand and smiled. "Same to you, Monsieur Gaston." Papa muttered. "I hope you don't mind if I take a couple of Y/N's time this evening?" Gaston wondered out loud. "Oh no not at all, just keep her in one piece." Papa chuckled heartily. "Thank you, Papa. I love you." You fake coughed, reappearing in the front room. "Goodbye, Y/N and Gaston! Please be careful!" Papa called after you at the door, watching you walk away down the long, and narrowing cobblestone street.  

"We will!" You said, looking back briefly with a wide grin plastered on your face. 

The End!!