The Christening

The news had spread all the way through in a whole day. News has to spread fast in a village as small and provincial as yours. It must be true then, Sebastien Durand, the legacy son of Gaston and Y/N Durand was to be christened at the same chapel the fairly young wed on their wedding day not short of a year ago. It was going to be magical. Everything was set in stone. Lefou was to be the Godfather, and Gaston's sister was to be the Godmother. And after it was all said and done, there would be a celebration at the tavern.

Twas night before, and you just laid Sebastien down to sleep in his crib. He was sleeping like a baby when you made your escape. You slipped through the halls of your house, and upon reaching your bedroom you were greeted by a certain someone. "You all ready for tomorrow, my love?" He pecked a light kiss, one of the first of many to come this evening. "I believe so." You smiled into his chest, as he brought you into his embrace with the work of one of his arms.

"You looked disoriented. Is there something on your mind you want to share?" Gaston shot an eyebrow in the air as you and him got into the bed and pulled up the covers up. "I guess I am just worried about tomorrow." You shrugged and chuckled slightly. "What I have told you? You need to quit worrying my love." Gaston wriggled his eyebrows at you.

"I want to believe you, but I can't stop thinking about bad things from happening." You admitted with a heavyhearted sigh. You looked shamefully and swallowed harshly. "I want to be able to reassure you that everything will go smoothly. What can I do to get you to relax?" Gaston mused out loud, rolling over on his side to face you.

"I don't know, Gaston." You shrugged, not really sure yourself. "How does this feel?" Gaston dove for your neck, making all of your worried thoughts wash away. "That feels lovely." You moaned in pure bliss. "Then I will keep going!" He declared headstrong, and I think you can leave the rest for your imagination.

You woke up slowly, barely cracking one of your eyes open through the sunlight streaming through the windows. You quickly realize what day it was. It was Sebastien's christening! Gaston has his bare arms wrapped tightly, protectively wrapped around your waist, which was how he usually slept at night. You ran a hand up and down his arm, barely bringing him into a conscious state.

"Gaston, my love, I have to get up. Today is the big day." Your whispered softly, and by one at a time you flung his arms off of you. "Big day? Do you have to get up this second?" Gaston pondered out loud in his deep sleepy voice. "Yes Gaston. I have to get Sebastien ready for his day. The christening? Remember my dear?" You were sitting up in the bed at this point. Gaston looked up at you for a second, while you gave him a little time to recall.

"Lord have mercy you're right! I'll get up with you!" He exclaimed, sitting up in the bed with you. "Alright." You shrugged aimlessly. Gaston was able to give you a quick peck on the cheek, and you told each other you loved one another, but your mind was racing a thousands miles a minute, picturing everything you had to before you left. Lefou came for dinner last night and stayed the night, which is what he did often. Gaston's family would be here in a matter of no time, but luckily you already had the servants take care of them when they arrived, so all you had to worry about was your little family. Gaston, Sebastien, and yourself.

You went straight to Sebastien's nursery where your baby was squirming around his wooden bed. He was kicking his feet and began to babble when you approached him, and reached to pick him up. "Good morning to you, Sebastien." You smiled warmly, as your little boy brought so much joy in your heart and soul, it overwhelmed you sometimes. "Lady Y/N, his family has arrived here safe and sound. They're all awaiting in the drawing room for tea and pastries." Your lady maid, Mrs. Blossom knocked on the door and cared to mention.