Chapter 8: Attachment

3rd POV:

"Don't you have a play to be practicing?" Osorō said.

"Princess will be fine without me." The (h/c)ette said, shrugging her shoulders. "Costume design is adjusting his costume."

Osorō found it amusing that the matchmaker everyone adored was making fun of people in such a playful way. On the surface she's seemed like a goody two shoes. But after seeing her fight, Osorō had seen parts of the matchmaker that people wouldn't imagine about her.

"And what about you're costume?" Osorō asked.

"Already done. Why do you care?" The (h/c)ette asked.

She had a point. Osorō could care less about some school play. Perhaps it's because the matchmaker had so confidently walked into his group's hangout, ignoring the delinquent's threats, and chose to learn more about him. Stating that it was simply because she was bored.

Normally, regular people would say that their reason for hanging out with a delinquent would be to get to know them better, or to find some good in them.

Not (Y/N) (L/N). Nope. Not kind, caring, popular (Y/N) (L/N). She made that clear the moment the words left her mouth:

"I'm bored. You're more interesting than those wimps, entertain me."

Perhaps since no one would believe someone like him, the matchmaker felt no need to act the way others saw her. And he kinda preferred it that way.

Sure, someone his kinda crush, Taeko Yamada, was genuinely nice enough to make even him flustered. But the matchmaker had made such a 180° that he couldn't help but want to get to know her better.

"Just thought you didn't want to get in trouble, that's all..." Osorō replied.

"Sure, I'll let that be you're answer for now." The matchmaker said, knowing there was more to his reason.

The (h/c)ette looked at her cell phone before letting out an annoyed sigh.

"I have to get back to the drama clubroom before Princess throws a tantrum." The matchmaker said as she stood up. "Thanks for entertaining me! At least I wasn't bored by you."

"Is that supposed to be a complement or an insult?" Osorō asked.

The matchmaker just smiled and said:

"Who knows?"

Osorō watched as the (h/c)ette as she stealthily left. Clearly this wasn't the first time she has ditched class.

(Y/N) (L/N) was different all right, and it made Osorō want to know more.

(Y/N)'s POV:

"What do think my Cinderella?" Kizano asked as he proudly posed around in his prince costume. "I'm the most handsomest prince charming you've ever seen right?"

Can I just take a sharp needle and pop that huge annoying ego of his?

Seriously, does his ego not have an off switch or something?

"Well... You are definitely..." I started to say.

An annoying pain in the *ss. But of course I can't share my honest opinion, even if it would burst his f*cking ego.

"...A unique prince..." I lied, trying not to sound forced.

"Of course darling! I do make the best prince!" Kizano said proudly.

You know what? Where's Ayato?

As if on que, Ayato walked into the clubroom and ran up to me.

"(Y/N)-chan, help me! Something terrible is happening right now!" Ayato cried.