First Broken Bone, Huh? (DeanxReader) (Fluff)

—————————————

Hot water was a hunter's favorite part of the day. After the werewolf tore into your side, Sam stitched you up; but it was definitely time for a shower.

Humming quietly as the water poured over your back, you bent over to pick up the shampoo, which was your first mistake.

Immediately a hot pain crawled up into your side, making you groan out in pain. Instinctively you pressed down on the hurting area, which were your stitches; second mistake.

"Ow!" you shouted, and with too much attention being focused on the pain, you accidentally slipped. In a panic mode you slipped, feeling the bathtub let you down as you tried grabbing onto the shower head - third mistake.

You fell quickly, wrist smashing hard against the jutted out metal soap holder. Normally a hit wouldn't do much - but the impact was strong.

Your head hit hard against the tiled wall as you screamed out from pain. You heard yelling on the other end of the door, but your eyes fluttered closed as darkness took you.

———

A light humming woke you up, and a set of steady beeping.

"You're awake" Dean's voice whispered by your side.

Looking around you took note of the needle in your arm, and when you tried raising it, it fell back down.

"What the hell?" you whispered and moved the blanket. "Damnit" you muttered, looking at your cast.

"I- uh, picked purple. It suits you" Dean gave a tight smile. "Your concussion shouldn't last long, you hit your wrist harder than your head" he said, frowning.

"Oh god!" you exclaimed, covering your face with the hand you could lift. "I was in the shower! How did you bring me he-" you cut yourself off, cheeks burning red.

Dean cleared his throat before saying, "I heard your screaming, so when you didn't answer I knocked the door down. I grabbed the shirt you hung on the hook and dressed you in it. Thankfully it was your long pajama shirt, you know - covered until your knees. Then I carried you into the car." he said as he adjusted your bed. "This good?" he pointed to the top that he lifted up so you'd be able to sit up.

"Perfect" you smiled and said "Thank you for...all this" you motioned to the room around you. "And purple is nice Dean, thanks" you said.

"Hey guys" Sam greeted, waving awkwardly as he walked into the room. "They only allowed immediate family for the first hour. The nurse told me what Dean looked like bringing you in" he smiled, and Dean put his face in his hands.

"Tell me! What happened?" you asked like an excited child, sitting up and smiling.

"Apparently all the nurses thought Dean was your husband because he came in carrying you and demanding help. He burst into the emergency room from it's back door! How shady is that Dean!" he started laughing before messing with some buttons above your bed.

Looking over at Dean you saw his cheeks go red. That was the first time you've seen him blush. "Well thank you dear husband" you joked before plopping back down on the pillow.

A nurse walked in, he was quite tall. And attractive, you noticed. Dean interlocked his fingers in yours and squeezed without realizing it.

"You're good to go" the nurse smiled and closed his clipboard. "Here is your pain medication. Twice a day if it hurts" he tossed Dean the bottle and he stuffed it into his pocket.

"Thanks doc" Sam smiled and passed you the t-shirt Dean brought you in.

"We'll be back" Dean smiled before shutting the door behind him. Quickly you slipped into your t-shirt, having trouble with your wrist. Luckily the t-shirt was old and stretched, you wondered how you'd dress, eat, or even hunt once you got back.