{Part Twenty-five} Africa

Start from the beginning

"Hey Eds!" A muffled voice sounds from my window. I look up from my bed and none other then the infamous Richard Tozier is knocking on my window. 

"Heya," I mumble getting up slowly, my whole body aching a dull pain. "You're ten seconds late," I open the window and Richie tumbles into my room. He quickly gets up and brushes himself off and looks my up and down, his look staying on me for a number in minutes.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." I snap not liking this unwanted attention before bursting into a coughing fit moments later.

"Jeez Eddie you're as pale as a whale!" He says while stepping forward trying to examine my face closely but I shoo him away.

"I'm fine.. just these fucking pills.." I sigh shivering at the thought of taking them again.

"Yeah, you gotta keep taking them though.. being prEGNANT AT OUR AGE WOULD SUCK!" He bursts out laughing rolling around on the floor, I force a giggle and watch him in awe taking off his glasses and wiping tears from his face. He notices my staring and winks making me blush bright red. 

"Music?" I ask jumping up trying to hide my tomato coloured face.

"Africa?" He smiles knowingly.

"What else would we put on?" I joke weakly, everyday Richie has been coming round my house after school, and everyday we do the same thing. Listen to music (Africa by Toto), read some comics when my mom gets home and after dinner we stargaze on the roof. He then goes home at 9pm to make some dinner for himself and promises he would come round the next day, but comes aways at 1am knocking on my window and we fall asleep next to each other. Everyday. I haven't been to school for weeks. I'm getting worse and worse, but of course I can't tell Richie that. At the weekends I sneak out to the barrens with the losers and hang out at Bills or sometimes Mikes farm but Richie always comes at 1am even if we talked all day or didn't talk at all. Thats just how it is.

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I bless the rains down in Africa

Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

We jump around like mad animals belting our hearts out to the chorus not giving a shit about the neighbours. This is our song.

----

7.46pm

"Here." After dinner I snuck once again another plate of food for Richie and while he eats it I grabbed all the pillows and blankets I own and threw them onto the roof. We then climbed out and laid down looking up at the dark, clear night sky.

"Wow, these stars are breath-taking." Richie mumbles staring into space.

"You know what else takes my breath away?" I ask. I can feel his heart speed up we are so close, he looks at me with a hopeful look on his face. Like he has been waiting for something for a long time and it has finally come.

"W-what?" 

"My asthma." I say looking back at the sky and looking at the boys priceless reaction with the corner of my eye. I start to laugh but I can't control myself. His mouth is in an 'O' shape with his eyes as wide as they can go. I start dying of laughter rolling around, I sit up and he looks me in the eyes, a serious tone across his face.

"Eds.. I-"

"Don't call me that" I interrupted a smirk on my face,

"I.." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly and looks side to side like he's looking for someone but then looks my in the eyes again, and starts to lean towards me his eyes closed and lips puckered. I freeze not knowing what to do. I want to, I want to so much.

"Richie.." I mumble and he opens his eyes to see me no where near him. A flicker of pain hits his face like a ton of bricks and he walks inside my room and gathers his stuff up and tries to go home.

"Richie! I-I didn't want you not to kiss me.. I just.. I'm just.." I trail on as he climbs down the pipe and jumps down to the ground. "Ugh oh my god RICHIE!" I shout as I climb down the pipe after him. "Richie slow down!" I run and grab his shoulder I instantly see the tears flowing down his face. I pulled him with my other hand towards me and pecked him on the lips before running back up the drain and into my room. It was short but sweet. I glanced out my window one more time before closing my curtains to see him still standing there blushing like crazy. Wow, I made the trashmouth himself speechless.. I could use that to my advantage... I pull the curtains closed before he sees me and lie back in bed feeling like I'm flying.

(A/N: AHGGG REDDIE KISS!!!! enjoy it while it lasts!!! Have you guys seen the deleted scenes yet? If you have comment your favourite, mines Stan's speech, I can't believe they cut it!!! xoxo)