Say what?!?

Leo's POV

Zeus went on to explain the games that he so cleverly came up with. I myself thought it was a sick joke.

He announced that the gods would be picking twenty-four half-bloods to fight to the death in some arena. Each god that was participating would pick one to two of their kids.

I laughed humorlessly. "You're joking right?" I yelled at Zeus. "I would suggest you take a seat boy." He growled at me. Wow. Cranky pants.

"To answer Mr. Valdez's question, this is, in fact, not a joke." Athena stated.

Dionysus stepped forward. "Now we must choose you brats to participate, so shut your mouths or else I'll personally turn you into a dolphin, got it?"

The campers grumbled a response angrily.

Mr. Grumpy Lightning Pants stepped forward yet again. "The selection will begin now. Of my children, I will pick Thalia and Jason Grace." He announced.

Thalia stood up outraged. "Oh no! Nuh uh! I am not going to participate in some stupid game that's gonna get us all killed!" She screamed in rage, throwing her sass all over the place. "I have a job to do. I'm the lieutenant of Artemis. This is child's play. I'm leaving!" she said seething.

"No child," Artemis spoke up, "I'm afraid your father speaks the truth. You must participate. I will appoint a new lieutenant for the time being until you return. If you return."

I could practically feel Thalia's anger from here and I could honestly relate.

Then Poseidon stepped forward and I knew who he was going to pick. "Perseus Jackson" he said.

Percy was also upset if you can imagine. "Are you FREAKIN KIDDING ME!" He screamed. " I am so done with all your schist." I heard him say.

Hades stepped up to the plate and announced, "Nico di Angelo and Hazel Levesque." 

I glanced over and saw Nico squeeze Hazel's hand.

Athena: "Annabeth Chase and Malcom Pace"

Aphrodite: "Piper McLean"

Ares: "Clarisse La Rue and Frank Zhang"

Hephaestus stepped forward. At this point I was praying to every god I could think of, including my dad. I could understand the others' fury and I did not want to be one of the tributes.

But nevertheless Hephaestus did not answer my pleas. "Leo Valdez and Nyssa Barrera"

I was fuming. Literally. I'm pretty sure my hair caught fire. I decide wisely to save my tantrum for later like the big kid I am.

Hermes: "Travis and Conner Stoll"

I swear I saw them high five before they realized what it was they were nominated for. Then thy looked pretty bummed.

Bellona: "Reyna Avila Remirez Arellano"

Reyna huffed angrily at her name being called.

Apollo: "Will Solace and Kayla Knowles"

Nike:(still don't like her very much) "Laurel and Holly Victor"

The two looked genuinely happy about the challenge which, I have to admit, scared me a little.

Demeter: "Katie Gardner and Miranda Gardiner"

Nemisis:(I really hate her) "Damien White"

And finally Dionysus: "Alright I would like to nominate Demeter and Artemis for the Bucket Challenge. You have to pour ice water on your hea— " he was interrupted by Athena. "Not the ice bucket challenge you imbecile! Your demigod tributes! We talked about this, remember?" "Oh. Oh right," Dionysus said, "well then, in that case, my sons Pollux and Dakota."

"All demigod tributes will report to Olympus at 12:00 P.M. sharp. Hephaestus TV will be broadcasting the entire thing. That will be all." said the King of the Gods and all the deities vanished.

"Well then." I said, breaking the stunned silence. "Campers to your cabins," Chiron said gruffly, "some of you have a big day tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second update! I'm so excited. I think that went fairly well. I know I was kind of boring with the selection and all but it will get better. I will continue to update and make sure to comment. I like to see what you think. See ya next time Demigods.