5: The Remainder of the Evening

||AUTHOR'S NOTE||
:: Hey guys! So, this chapter was supposed to be titled "The Spicy Night After Spicy Ramen" but when I finished writing the chapter, I realized the title didn't match too much at the moment >∆< So there's an itty bitty sprinkle of spice anyway so here you go! Enjoy the chapter, sorry that it's short. ::

Cayde-6 burped, dropping his chopsticks down into his empty bowl. He leaned back, as if he was in a chair, and almost fell off of the stool. You laughed as he caught himself, putting your chopsticks down as well. "Now THAT, was awesome." Cayde said, flinging his cape from over his shoulder and onto his back. "It really was! I've never had such great ramen in my life. Thanks for tonight, Cayde." You blushed, tucking a strip of hair behind your ear. He laughed, spinning the stool in your direction and leaning down, resting his elbows on his knees. He looked you in the eye.

"Oh, tonight ain't over yet."

You and Cayde walked along a dirt path, and stopped at the edge of the hill. You waited a moment in silence, and then Cayde called his ship. Once it arrived, you both hopped in and he began guiding the two of you to who-knows-where. The entire ride- which lasted about 20 minutes -consisted of conversation only about Zavala's strictness. Wherever that topic even came from...

Cayde landed the two of you on the planet known as Nessus. You stepped out of the ship and looked straight up, admiring the way that the moonlight beamed through the long branches of vibrant red flora. "Nessus is... So beautiful... " You said in awe, continuing to stare up. "Not as beautiful as you, obviously! I mean, that's gotta be obvious, right?" Cayde chuckled, jumping up onto a branch, lowering it so that the leaves bashed you gently in the face. You giggled, smacking the branch away and climbing up to the Exo's level. You sat down on the branch with him, and sighed.
He looked at you. "Everything okay, (Y/N)?"
"Yes.. It's just... It's been so long since I've had such an amazing evening with someone." You learned back, resting your hands on the branch. A short moment later, you felt a hand touch yours. You looked down at Cayde's hand, and then back up at him. He smiled, and you did too. And before you could even blink, he not-too-aggresively clutched your chin, pulling you in and pressing his mouth against yours. You quickly caught onto it, and wrapped your arms around his upper figure. He kissed more passionately, his metal features pressing against you. You gripped his hood as you felt the cold surface of his mouth slide down to your neck. The chilly metal made you groan, as he softly attempted to nibble at your jaw. He wrapped his arms around your lower back, making you tilt back upon the branch. Realizing he was having all the fun, you leaned in and muzzled your way into his neck, planting soft kisses along his jaw. Cayde sighed in satisfaction, caressing you even more warmly.

About an hour later, both you and Cayde were drifting off, out of energy from your little tree session. You stretched across the thick branch, laying your head on Cayde's lap. He gently ran the back of his hand along your cheek, and you looked up at him and smiled. "I love you, (Y/N)." He hummed, and moments later when you still hadn't responded, he looked down at his lap only to see a beautiful young lady, fast asleep. The Exo began humming a familiar tune, as he softly rocked you back and forth in his lap.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arms

But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

So I hung my head and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are gray

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away..."

Cayde sniffled. Although it was clearly unnoticeable, he was practically crying. He whispered, his voice congested and shaky.

"I never wanna lose you."