Chapter 2

Dedication: heyhello112 [For the cover in media.]

Wow. I didn't think that Stats would be a pain in the butt. We already jumped into the lesson and it's a lot to take in. But if I want to major in business, then Stats is the class for that. I understand probably three-fourths of the lesson. And the downside to this class is that I don't know anyone in the class, so I can't ask anyone for help. Plus the teacher gives off a creepy aura. But I have no intention of dropping the class. Ashton Irwin isn't a quitter.

I had English, Spanish, and Economics before lunch. Those classes are a whole lot easier than Stats, I'll give you that.

Lunch comes around and I find that the table that the lads and I usually sit at is empty. I sat at the table and pulled out my Stats stuff. Yeah, I kept my Stats book and notebook because I need all the study time that I can get. Unless I can snag some food from Harry, no lunch for me.

I flipped to the first section in the book and leaned on my arm, plugging my fingers into my ears so I could block out the noise around me.

I felt someone slide into the seat next to me and some of their weight leaning against me. I turned my head and saw Harry peering down at my Stats book. He was holding a tray that contained an apple, milk, and a plate of spaghetti.

"Can I have your apple?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No, I'm eating the apple. However, you can have the spaghetti, because I got it for you."

Thank you for giving me such an amazing best friend.

Soon Michael, Zayn, and Liam joined the table. I raised an eyebrow.

"Where's Niall?" I asked.

"Detention," muttered Liam.

"Already?" Zayn questioned, his eyes bulging out of his head.

Liam nodded. "Last period he thought it'd be funny to jump onto his desk and start singing 'Let it Go' from Frozen." I rolled my eyes an laughed.

"Sounds like something only Niall would do," I joked. Harry placed the spaghetti on my Stats book, but I pushed it off so it clanked with Michael's tray. "Not on the book! It's school property!"

"Sorry, babe." He threw an arm around my shoulder and took a bite out of his apple.

Before you start asking, no, we're not together. He just doesn't know the definition of personal space and tends to be a very touchy person. If anything, I'd say he fancies his college band member. He should seriously introduce him to me. Maybe at their first concert this Friday.

I read over the first part of the chapter as the lads chatted amongst themselves and laughed. I scratched the back of my head and peered behind me, and then I widened my eyes. I saw the cute blond guy sitting at the table behind me with a group of friends alongside his brunet friend. I just stared at him as his lips moved, then his group let out a howl of laughter. When I saw his head turn to my direction, I twisted myself around so I was looking down at my Stats book again.

"You okay, Ash? Your face is red." I looked up at Michael and then glanced at the other lads. When I didn't answer, he looked behind me and then smirked. "Oh, I see. Carry on with your freakish ways." The lads looked in the direction that Michael was looking to figure out what he was talking about.

"Shut up," I mumbled. I pushed Harry's arm off of me and began to seriously concentrate on the Stats book. I really need to pass this class. I saw Harry stab the spaghetti with a fork and twist it. He brings the food up to my face, his other hand right below it so the tomato sauce doesn't drop onto my stuff. I chuckle, "Seriously?"