Chapter 1

She stood still numb, the only thing should could feel is the thumping of her heart in her chest. But even that was shallow and unoriginal. The ash falling from the sky cover her matted hair, mixing with the blood that stained and splattered all over her body. Everything was slow and muffled the screams of her people crying out for help. But she couldn't do anything, she could only lay there the explosion having slammed her to the floor.

White boots covered her vision as she tries to get up huffing some of her senses coming back. She looks up at the stormtroopers that are helping to destroy her planet of the orders of the First Order. The point their blasters at her, she looked into the black abyss of the muzzle unafraid. She closed her eyes ready accept her fate uncaring of how it would end.

Boots hitting the soft dirt of the planet and the commanding words of another could be heard to both the stormtroopers and the girl. She opened her eyes to meet with a sliver higher ranking stormtrooper looking at her. The  silver trooper looked at her what seemed be disgust. Her hair matted and covered in ash, blood and dirt. The clothes she wore old, dirtied with ash, they clung to her body because of her blood and the blood of others, the long strips of cloth she wore on her feet to give them some protection ripped, covered in soot and blood. Her skin darkened with the black snow that fell. The trooper said something she couldn't hear and then she was grabbed being dragged her bear feet dragging against the sand dirtying her already dirty feet. Her head hung low and closed her eyes as she felt cool metal hit her feet. She opened her eyes to a blinding light of the ships inside, she briefly thought they had killed her and these were the lights of the heavens waiting to take her from the world that has brought her so much pain. Her eyes slipped closed again.

She awoke with a crash as her body was slammed into a cell her body hitting the cold metal wall making a loud thud reverberating through out the hall and cell. Her only light source was the door that the silver trooper was blocking as they back out and the door slide shut with a hunting click as it looks. She looks around only seeing darkness and she slides on the cold floor to a corner bringing her knees to her chest sigh softly. She closed her eyes thinking of how this could have happened when hours before she was just trying to buy some food.

She walked out her small isolated hut far enough from the city that no one really knew she was there. She slowly walks to a little field that was slowly dying, but how could it be dying if it was never living in the first place. She sighed thinking that she would have to the little town not but two or three miles away from her tiny hut. She walked leisurely to her home going inside the "windows" of the house leaking in the light from the sun outside. She walked over an animal skin rug that she had killed on a far off planet. The soft white fur going in between her toes caressing her tired feet. She walked to her a chest at the foot of her bed opening it pulling out a long black cape made of a soft cloth. She pulled out long cloth stripes and sat on her rough hard bed, that she rarely slept on. She wrapped the stripe of rough strong cloth around both of her feet as shoes, wrapping all the way up to her knees. She gets up and throws the cloak on and walks out the door with dirty brown cloth back with some money the tied on her waist belt.

The trip to the city took a little under an hour, the sun beating on her back and lack of water made it a hundred time worse but she pushed on. She regrets not buying a supply of water on her last trip to the city. She lick her dry clacked lips to give them some moisture and she panted softly. She walked past stands with loud shopkeepers yelling about how great their prices where. As she walked past each shop something always seems to slip of the table and into her little brown sac. She smiles a small mischievous grin as she walks the shopkeeps still yelling and smiling their fake grins on their sweaty faces.

She sighed when she got to the last shop on her little adventure. She walked to the little dinky stand that not long ago was buzzing with customers now empty with only a few stragglers. She smiled as she saw the only worker at the little shop running around at a frantic pace restocking. "You do realize that they all left you can call down a little bit." She smiles at the shopkeep her voice smooth and raspy from the lack of water. The shopkeep looked over and smiled at her seeing only her lips like they always had speaking evenly stopping their frantic run around the world. "I see that now, but you never know they could come back. The usual I assume?" She nods at the shopkeep, and they disappear in the back bringing out the usual amount of water handing it to her as she handed them the money. The shopkeep calls out, "see you next week!" She nods and walks out the shops carrying everything in then little brown sac tide to her waist.

A loud explosion was heard and then screaming. More explosions were heard then the sound of ships landing blowing up clouds of sand. The rubble left behind by the once standing shops and homes fly back with each explosion. The cry's and children for their parents were heard. The sounds of blasters and the ripping and slicing of skin could be heard as the cries quite down. She stood frozen her mind jumbling thoughts around yelling her to move but her legs wouldn't listen then something pushed her hard throwing her in ruble.

The door opened stinging her eyes with a blinding white light as she covered her face looking up at the tall silhouette standing before her. She could feel the glare of the persons eyes on her though she could not see them, they were analyzing her to see if she was fit or if she should die were she sat.

"Stand."