Stay with me.

My wand was steady in my finger tips. The seconds of calm before the battle are the worst. Not knowing when it will begin, not knowing a thing. Suddenly deatheaters began to appear around us.

“PetrificusTotalus!” I screamed at a deatheater, binding him in mid air. It had begun; screams could be heard from the students, the crashing of rubble and debris. You could tell the inexperienced deatheaters came first, a few wordless spells knocked them off of their feet. The wall behind us crumbled as someone was thrown into it. I felt Fred grasp my arm pulling me out of the way of a curse.

“Stupify.” I hear a woman cry. I find myself back to back with Fred and George.

“Expelliarmus!” My voice echoes as I knock the wand out of a deatheaters hand.

“Come on!” Fred shouted at me pulling me towards the spiral stair case. I ran as fast as I could down the staircase, taking each stone step as carefully as I could. A huge bang filled the stairway. I looked up to see the roof toppling in. Fred’s strong arm pulled me out of the way. The dust and brick was everywhere, I could not help but cough. “You okay?” He asked me. I nodded as I coughed into my hand. I looked around but I could not see George.

“George?” I scream out.

“Its okay I'm here, I'm alright.” I heard him call. Looking back at the rubble in the middle of the stairs I could just see his face on the other side. “Go on, I will meet you downstairs.” He said through the gap. Fred nodded towards him and ran down the stairs. I looked back at him, I was scared and I needed him. George nodded at me; I knew he would be fine.

“Come on Electra!” Fred cried up after me. I rip myself from his face and follow Fred. As we reached the bottom it was chaos. Giants, spiders and werewolves all on Voldermort’s side, each swiping through the crowds killing innocent lives. We continue to run, fighting as we went. As we reached the courtyard it was in ruins. Stone and rock was piled in places, dead bodies scattered, victims of both sides. I looked up to see Oliver Wood and a few others fighting on brooms. A lot of Dementors were coming from the east, towards the brooms. I could not let them attack. I thought back to a few minutes ago, with George. It was the happiest moment of my life, and I was not going to give it up with out a fight. I let the emotion fill me up.

“Expecto Patronum!” I screamed as I opened my eyes. I stared in awe as the pure pulse of my charm shot through the sky. The silver light danced and swished in the air, forcing the Dementors back. It was the best Patronus I had ever made. I was brought back to reality as Fred once again pulled me out of the way of the killing curse, thrown by Bellatrix. Her laugh ripped through the air like a knife, sending shivers down my spine.

“Let’s get back inside.” I could just make out what Fred was shouting. I followed him back inside, the courtyard had plenty of wizards defending it. As we ran through the corridor Percy, Fred’s brother joined us. “Hey long time no see!” Fred called to his brother.

“Did I tell you I am quitting my job at the ministry?” I heard Percy shout back to Fred.

“Are you joking Percy?” Fred laughed over the noise. As we ran I noticed Harry, Hermione and Ron running the opposite way, towards us. “You know I don’t think you have joked since…” Fred sentence was cut off by a piercing crash and bang. I felt my entire body being flung backwards and hitting the ground with a thud. I lost consciousness for a few seconds. The smell of dust, dirt and stone filled my nose. My body was aching, pain shot though my veins. As I opened my eyes, my vision was blurred. A constant ringing echoed in my ears. I blinked a couple of times, returning my vision and eventually my hearing. The battle was still going on around us, I was surrounded my stone. I pushed myself up on my wobbly arms. I looked around; Percy was moving on the other side of the room. Harry and Ron were helping dig Hermione from the rubble. My nerves were on edge as I looked hastily around for a ginger.

“Fred?” I called out as I winced in pain. As I looked around again, I saw him. He was lying motionless on the ground. I grabbed my wand lying beside me and scrambled over on all fours. “Fred?” I repeated again, tears filling my eyes. As I reached him and touched him, he was cold. “No, no, no, no Fred.” I began to cry as the tears rolled down my cheeks. His eyes looked ghostly onwards, not staring at anything. I stroked his cheek. “Fred please, no, no, NO!” I screamed out. My chest was aching, my throat stinging from the intake of breath. I placed my hand on his lifeless chest, praying for that last bit of hope. I shook my head, not wanting to accept he was gone. I felt a strong hand grip my shoulder, pulling me back. “No!” I screamed out as Harry tried to pull me away. “No I am not leaving him!” I cried out, ripping my arm from his hand. I returned my hand to brush through his hair. I could not stop the tears from my eyes. He was my best friend; I was not going to leave him. At this time Percy had ran over.

“Oh God no, Fred!” He shouted as he through himself over his body. I hugged my chest as I too cried out. The pain roaring through my chest like a fire was nothing I had ever felt before.

“We need to go.” I heard Harry cry as he held Ron back.

“Well we are not leaving him.” I screamed back. I was hugging Fred’s body; I did not want to let him go. I heard Harry sigh. He tore me from Fred torso. “No!” I kicked and screamed as Hermione pulled me back. I soon stopped as I saw Harry lifting his body, trying to get it to safety. Percy realised too and got up to help. I covered the back as they dragged Fred behind a wall in a corner. As they set him down I laid his head on my knees, stroking his hair back, and shutting his eyes.

“We have to keep moving.” Hermione whispered in my ear.

“I know but I am going to stay with him. He would do the same for me.” I said, tears still flowing. Harry looked solemn as the three walked off. The battle continued around us, screams and cries could be heard. Nothing brought me out of my trance, I was fixed on Fred. It was the only way I would keep the hurt at bay. As I sat there my body and mind was in agony, wanting to cry out, scream at the world for taking him. He just lay there, lifeless and cold, not moving, no sign of any life. Even the child like features was drained. My trance was ended by a very distinctive scream. My head shot up and my red, puffy eyes were wide. I could hear Tonk’s voice cry out in pain and agony. My heart quickened. I looked at Fred’s body and then in the direction of the cries.

“Go, I will stay.” Percy said through the tears. I hesitated, lingering over him. One last cry settled it. I bent down and kissed his muddy forehead. I took in his scent as I ran off towards the screams, wand ready in hand. I did not want to look back. I did not want to be reminded of the devastation I had left on the floor. Tears poured out of my eyes as I began to run from one person I love towards the cries of another. I turned the corner. My head was killing me, throbbing in my skull. Now I could hear her screams from every direction, I had no hope. Rapidly I was pulled upwards onto a broom and I was forced to grab onto the unknown person in front of me.

“I saw where Tonk’s was last. I am taking you to her, it’s quicker this way. You did save my life after all.” I heard the sweet tones of Oliver Wood shout over the wind. As we flew upwards I looked down at the once stunning castle. Now the Quidditch stadium was burning and crumbling to ashes. Many of the towers were smashed into pieces’. Flashes of different spells lit up the scenery. We came to the top of the Gryffindor common room. I could hear Tonk’s cries more vividly now. As I jumped off of the broom, someone called Oliver’s name. He looked back at me.

“Go.” I shouted as I ran towards a wooden door. I heard him take off.

“Crucio!” Bellatrix’s crazy voice sprung from the door. For some reason I stopped dead in my tracks. The thought of Bellatrix torturing Tonk’s made me sick. Ripping myself from my paralyzed state I ran into the door. It was locked. I panicked quickly as I got out my wand.

“Alohomora!” I cried. The door swung open as a flash of bright bold green entered my eye sight.

“Avada Kedavra.” The same voice cried as the one who killed my father. I stood there frozen in shock and horror as Tonk’s body fell to the stone cold ground. The same laugh that made my skin crawl bounced off the walls. My wand was loose in my fingers. My eyes slowly travelled to the tall, dark figure of Bellatrix. Her eyes glistened with madness, evil and no sense of remorse. I could not move, my head was screaming in my thick skull, get out, go, run now! My feet did not comply. As our eyes met her voice ran out again.

“Stupify!” The words rang in my ears as I forced back, smashing into the hard brick wall.