Leaving on a high

The various bush’s and tree’s rush by me, everything is a blur. My sights are only set upon Remus. I am certain he can smell something, or someone. The moon is high above my head and gleaming down on the forbidden forest. Remus had stopped by a tree; he started sniffing it and circled it. Even I could hear some heavy breathing. Whilst he was distracted I took my chance to sneak up on him. I was careful not to step on any twigs with my big paws. I was getting closer when two figures made a run for it. I was getting frustrated, I nearly had him. Instantly I pounced after them as Remus had done. I was not far behind when he took a tumble. One of the two figures had taken a rock and thrown it at him. I took this opportunity to leap in front of the two mysterious people. Remus was now on his two hind legs and was reaching out to strike when Buckbeak appeared. I immediately stood up, for Buckbeak was supposed to be dead, executed today. I shook my head and focused on the current situation. I stayed at the side of the two humans as Buckbeak struggled with the werewolf. Buckbeak raised its claw and brought it down upon the wolf’s nose, cutting it in three places. Instantly Remus was drawn back and was in obvious pain. As Buckbeak stood his ground Remus retreated into the forest. I turned around to the humans to see Harry and Hermione. I was confused to say the least. Before I could shift into my human form Hermione pointed to where Remus had just disappeared. 

“Go, we will explain later.” She said. I bowed and rushed off in the direction she was pointed. I caught his scent and followed most of the night, he had a habit of hiding. The moon was beginning to recede when I found an out of breath werewolf sitting beneath a tree. I decided to keep my distance and wait until he transformed back.

The sun final rose and Remus was himself again. Now in my human form I ran up to him. He had three slashes across his face from Buckbeak’s attack. His skin was bruised as usual and his eye was swollen. I knew he was awake by his pained groan as he tried to sit up. As his eyes adjusted to the sun he looked at me. He placed his hand on my cheek.

“I didn’t…” He began to say. I took his hand and held it.

“Not that I know of, but I am not sure what has happened to my father.” I said. At this sentence Remus got up.

“Of course, Sirius.” He said in-between pained moans.

“Take it easy.” I said as I wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He gave a slight chuckle as I helped him hop back to the castle. When we arrived the castle was in uproar, Sirius Black had been captured but had then broken out. He was gone, and I knew who to go to. I got Remus to his office and he insisted he did not need to go to the hospital wing so I left him there to sort out a few things. I guessed they would be in the hospital wing with Ron so I made my way there. When I got in sure enough there were Harry and Hermione sitting next to him. When they saw me they got up and walked over.

“What were you doing last night? And how were you there when only a few minutes before I left you with Snape.” I asked them.

“Keep it down. We used Hermione’s time turner” Harry whispered trying not to wake Ron.

“Wait you have a time turner?” I asked turning to Hermione.

“Yes, it’s complicated. All you have to know is that Sirius is safe as well as another.” Harry told me.

“You mean Buckbeak.” I said. Hermione titled her head to say yes. “Is Lupin okay?” She added.

“Yes he is fine, but Snape seemed pretty smug when I passed him a few minutes ago.” I groaned. They both gave me a half hearted smile. Before we could continue talking a groan came from Ron’s bed, he was awake. Immediately Hermione and Harry dashed to his side. I left them there to tell him whatever they wanted.

“What!” I said as Remus told me the news.

“I am resigning as the defence against the dark arts teacher.” He repeated. I could not believe he was giving up a job he loved. “As soon as parents find out I am a werewolf they would not want me teaching there children and I can understand that. And I know that you will try and argue with me, please don’t I have made up my mind.” He said as he began to pack his stuff. I sighed as he patted my head. “Now are you all packed?” He asked.

“Of course.” I forced a smile back. His face was healing nicely; he might have a few scares but no harm done.

“Now you must go and get the carriages to the station. I will see you when we get off the train.” He said as he hugged me.

“See you later then.” I said as I shut his door. As I made my way down the steps of his office Harry passed me and we gave a slight nod and a smile to each other. My luggage and broom was already on the train as I was waiting for a carriage. As I stood there a squeal of tears came from behind me. As I turned a crying Rainey was thrown on me, hugging me.

“I will miss you Lecky.” She sobbed. As she got off me I had to set her straight.

“I will miss you too, but don’t ever call me that again.” I smiled back. She waved at me as she got on a carriage with Summer and Cho.

“I hope you will find time to practise your broom skills.” A voice came from behind me.

“Don’t worry Diggory, I am sure I will find the time.” I said turning towards him. He gave me a smile.

“Hey your catching on.” He said as we shook hands. “I will see you next year, I am sure it will be a great year!” He said as he walked over to a crowd of Hufflepuff’s. I got in a carriage by myself and was about to close the door when a hand appeared.

“Oi, don’t forget about us.” Came the voice of Fred. I smiled as they both clambered into the carriage.

“How could I ever?” I joked.

As we boarded the train all the first years looked tear full. I don’t see why as they still had the train journey still to go. We slid into a carriage and shut the door. The train was now in full swing and the train had a sad atmosphere, expect for our carriage.

“We will send you an owl, so you can come over to the Burrow.”George said.

“Yeah you can help us come up with more pranks for next year. “ Fred added. I rolled my eyes.

“We didn’t do that many this year.” I moaned.

“Oh that was just the beginning Electra.” Fred said with a huge smile.

“Next year we begin the fun!” They said together. I could help but smile.

“You better send that owl quick otherwise I am afraid I might miss you guys and your pranks.” I giggled. They both looked at each other with sly looks.

“We can’t help it if you miss us but...” Fred teased.

“For the pranking side of it.” George lingered on the t sound. They both had wide smiles on there faces. Fred open his hand to reveal some of there famous fireworks.

“Got time for one more Prank?” George said cocking one eyebrow and I couldn’t help the big grin on my face.

thanks for the support, i thought i would go through all the books that is why this section is so short :)