#18

Connie stayed by Hollie side, holding her tight, never leaving her, even in the ambulance, she sat there holding Hollie hand praying this wasn't the end, that she'd get to watch Hollie finished school, go to college and university and go on to have her own beautiful family, Connie was brought out of her day dream when the ambulance doors were pulled open rather harshly, Elle Gardner being the doctor leading this case.

'I need a nurse over here' Jacob jogged over with Robyn, not realising who was in the back of the ambulance 'right Iain what have we got', 'this is Hollie Beauchamp' as soon as Jacob heard those words he looked up, his eyes lifting up to see Hollie body lifeless on the bed, as the trolley moved into the hospital, he soon found his eyes wondering and finding Connie, who hadn't noticed him, 'sweetcheeks'.

Elle looked behind her 'Jacob we need you....' Jacob didn't look away from Connie, his eyes fixed on her, how her dark curls sat beautifully down her back, how she looked in tight jeans, he smiled closing his eyes remembering how they once were.

'Jacob put me down' Connie laughed hitting his back as he ran toward the sea with her 'Jacob I swear if you drop me in the water...we're....we're....never have..' he smirked as he ran 'never have what sweetcheeks?.....I know you can't go without me....you like my body to much' she shook her head laughing 'I'll ban sex forever'.

Jacob threw her in to the sea 'now I know that's a lie' he moved closer to her as she came up from the water, running a hand over her face and moving her hair backwards she bit her lip, seeing his muscular chest, water dripping down it, he stepped closer placing his hands on her hips bring her closer to him.

Jacob lifted her up slightly, Connie wrapped her legs around his waist, her arms around his neck as he backed them further out in the water, there kisses becoming heated, Connie pulled her lips back to breath, resting her forehead against his 'Jacob....I.....I.....I love you' He smiled, it was the first time out aloud she'd said it to him, he knew she loved him by the like things she did, the way she kissed him, smiled at him, the way they moved loved, he knew she was his soulmate, moving some hair behind her ear and cupping her cheek 'I love you Connie...you're always be my forever....my sweet cheeks'.

Connie stopped where she was, she shook her head, thinking she was been dreaming, her mind playing tricks on her, the one other person she wanted here with her right now other than Hollie was him, he always made everything bad feel like it was going to be okay, he always brought out the best of people in bad situations, making them feel like they could do and be anything they wanted to be.

Connie thought she was hearing things 'Connie......con' she didn't dare look up to scared, to realise it was indeed her mind playing tricks on her, his voice soft and gentle 'sweetcheeks'.

She stood still on the stop, eyes closed willing it not to be a dream, willing for him to be there for her, for them both, they really needed him, she really needed him, her mind playing his voice over and over again.

Connie convinced herself she was dreaming, he wouldn't be here, she'd been running for years, he hadn't found them yet neither had her father, they were all safe away from him, she shook her head 'he not here' her mind telling her.

She believed it, that was until she felt his hand on her forearm, the warmth of his hand against her cold bloodied arm, she felt the air leave her lungs, her head going dizzy, she swallowed hard.

Finally forcing herself to open her eyes, she found that they forced on the ground in front of her, trying to keep her breathing steady, slowly her eyes lift looking up, she saw a pair of feet with black trainers, she smiled thinking of the ones he use to wear when they were teenagers, her eyes slowly moving up the body, seeing the dark jeans, then the white nurses smock that he wore, it clinging to the muscles under his smock, her eyes finally seeing his face.

The shock was evident on her face, her eyes widen as she took in his appearance.

There he was, stood in front of her after fifteen and a half years, his eyes still loving, warm and caring, his smile still warm, his face still looked the same, just a little older 'sweetcheeks....'.

Connie's body to emotional drained to respond, she could feel her legs about to give way, her head spinning, her knees went and she collapsed, his reaction was quick, he caught her in his strong arms.

As Jacob held her in his arms, he placed a gentle kiss to her forehead whispering to her 'it's okay....I've got you...I'm finally here...it's taken me a while but I'm not going anywhere now'.

Jacob lifted her into his arms carrying her bridal style through reception, this was he place of work, the place he'd been in for months, now this was the place that had brought his family back to him.

Jacob could feel everyone's eyes on him, after finding out about Hollie and Connie last night he'd finally realised Connie was the Mrs Beauchamp who suddenly left to look after her ill child, many of the staff telling him stories of the 'ice queen' who never let anyone close, who never told anyone about her daughter, until the day she'd been brought in.

Staff stood around, looking at the pair of them, standing whispering 'this that Mrs Beauchamp?', 'what's happened?', 'why is Jacob carrying her like that'.

He chose to block them out, the only people he cared about in that moment was Connie and Hollie, he walked into the staff and placed her on the sofa gently.

Jacob quietly walked away to close the door, from what he'd heard he knew Connie wouldn't want her staff seeing her like this, seeing her vulnerable and in her eyes weak.

Jacob walked back over to her, he sat watching her, her eyes closed, her chest rising up and down, he smiled, he'd finally found her, he'd finally got his sweetcheeks back, he watched her intently as her eyes fluttered open.