#4

Weeks past, Hollie was practicing more and more for her dance show, one night as Hollie came out of dance rehearsal Liv saw how tired she looked 'Hollie are you sure you're okay?' Hollie gave her a smile 'yeah I'm fine, just tired from rehearsal'.

Hollie waited with Liv under the shelter as the rain came down hard, Hollie looked at her phone smiling at the photo of her and her mother, Liv sighed 'I wish my mum and me where like you and your mum, I'd do anything for my Mum to give a monkeys about me' Hollie pulled her into a hug 'Liv I'm sure you're Mum loves you' Hollie saw the tears in her eyes 'nah she loves her boyfriends, I'm just baggage, I best be off, see you soon' Hollie grabbed Liv arm 'no wait, my mum will drop you home, it's pouring and you've got no coat' Liv smiled gratefully at her best friend 'won't your mum be cross?' Hollie shook her head 'nah...how about you come back to mine and we're have dvd night and a takeaway and if you're Mum allows you maybe stay for a sleepover?' Liv hesitated Hollie gave her a warm smile 'you don't have to stay but come for the dvd and takeaways?' Liv nodded 'as long as you are sure you're Mum won't mind'.

Hollie smiled as Connie pulled up, Hollie walked into the car opening the door and looking in talking to Connie 'hey Mum is it okay if Liv comes round to join our dvd night and takeaway? Maybe sleep over?' Connie smiled and nodded 'course baby' Hollie stood up using her hand to call Liv over 'evening Mrs Beauchamp' as she climbed into the back of the car, Connie turned 'Liv come on now how many times do I have to tell you it's Connie' Liv smiled, she sat listening to Hollie and her mother talking as they drove.

'How was dance practice sweetheart?' Placing her hand on Hollie knee 'I finally nailed my jump, turn and spin, without getting dizzy, but can't wait to get my onesie on and watch tv and not have to worry about getting up early, how was you're day?' Connie carried on driving down the road 'oh you know same old, fixing and mending people' Connie looked in her mirror to Liv 'so Liv how was your day?' Liv seemed shocked that Connie cared 'oh...erm...yeah it was okay' Connie gave her a warm smile 'have you phoned you're Mum to see if you can stay?' Liv shook her head 'I'll phone her when we get to your house...if that's okay?' Connie nodded turning to Hollie.

'Hollie how have you felt today?' Hollie looked out the window 'I'm okay' Connie sighed 'I'd wish you'd let me run some bloods' Hollie sighed 'Mum is fine okay' Liv lent forward coming closer to Hollie 'Hollie at least your Mum cares'.

They pulled up outside the house, all three of them climbing out the car, Hollie running to Connie and hugging 'I'm sorry Mum, I'll come in but after my show please' Connie nodded hugging her tighter 'but only if you take my blood' Connie kissed the top of Hollie's head 'I'm sure that can be arranged' Liv watched on as the pair shared their mother, daughter moment, a single tear rolling down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away as Connie turned towards her.

'Liv ring you're Mum then we can get changed', Liv nodded and pulled out her phone staying outside while she rang her Mum, the phone rang twice before being picked up

'hello'

'Hey mum'

'Oh it's you, why aren't you home yet?'

'Hollie asked if I could sleepover hers?'

'No I want you home now'

'But Mum please'

'I said home now'

Liv sighed, she wiped away her tears before heading inside 'erm...I'm sorry...I'm not allowed to stay...I've got to go home now', Connie looked to Liv 'I'm sorry...thankyou so much for allowing me to come round thou' Connie gave her a warm smile 'you're welcome anytime, you're not walking home, give me two minutes and I'll take you' Liv went to disagree but looked at Connie's smile and couldn't say no.

'Thankyou Mrs Beauchamp' Connie placed her hand on top of Liv 'Liv you know if you ever need help, you can talk to me' Liv closed her eyes shaking her head 'I'm okay on my own', she climbed out the car and walked into the dark house, no lights on, no one seemed to be home, Liv smiled at the front door waving before closing the door.

Connie sighed, she watched as Liv walked inside turning lights on, she closed her eyes as flash back filled her mind of a time she'd rather forget.

"You stupid little bitch" she felt a hard slap across her face, tears springing to her eyes "god your just like your stupid whore of a mother and now she dead I'm stuck with you", her body lay against a cold hard floor as she felt him his fist hit her again.

Connie felt a tear roll down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away, she put her foot on the gas pedal and set off home, to her daughter, the one person who made her life whole again.